General Movie Thread

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Whilst A Quiet Place was a nice film in terms of cinematography, it had an unforgiveably absurdly flawed plot and I don't know how it got so many plaudits and is somehow getting a sequel.

I watched this a week or so ago, and yeah it honestly didn't seem that great.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 5:26 PM, JMarushin said:

Brightburn looks pretty friggin awesome - but also, it's basically the plot of DBZ if Goku didn't bump his head  It's  

You dig too deep. It's  Superman. Down to the origin and powers and it being shot like Man of Steel.

As for what I came here for.

Lion-King-Posters.jpg?itok=d2URsITr

I just saw my first bit of the new Lion King footage. It looks amazing but Scar being real colored is going to take some getting used to.

I've just come across some Terminator: Dark Fate footage from Comic Con. It looks rubbish, to be honest. I wasn't expecting anything of the calibre of the first two films, but James Cameron's influence ought to be worth more than it currently seems to be. I then saw that people are getting up in arms because it has women in it, so we'll have that to look forward to as well.

I really liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles. They should bring that back.

Also, we don't have a "hot takes" thread for films, but here's mine: I think the original Terminator film was slightly better than the second.

17 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The Cats movie looks like they made it using really shitty deepfake

I feel like its going to look especially awful in a few years time as the technology advances but I'm way more excited about this/like the look of this use of CGI as opposed to the photo-realistic look of the new Lion King

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I've just come across some Terminator: Dark Fate footage from Comic Con. It looks rubbish, to be honest. I wasn't expecting anything of the calibre of the first two films, but James Cameron's influence ought to be worth more than it currently seems to be. I then saw that people are getting up in arms because it has women in it, so we'll have that to look forward to as well.

I really liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles. They should bring that back.

Also, we don't have a "hot takes" thread for films, but here's mine: I think the original Terminator film was slightly better than the second.

Did these people ignore the reality that the first two (and therefore only good) Terminator films were primarily centred around a strong, bad ass woman?

I saw that Cameron said Edward Furlong would be back as John Connor in this, which is bizarre.

Also, the original Terminator film is better than T2. Both are magnificent but The Terminator is pretty much perfect in my opinion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

I feel like its going to look especially awful in a few years time as the technology advances but I'm way more excited about this/like the look of this use of CGI as opposed to the photo-realistic look of the new Lion King

I watched a little bit of that movie at work tonight and watching John Oliver's voice come out of the beak of a photorealistic, dead-eyed CGI bird is deeply unsettling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I watched a little bit of that movie at work tonight and watching John Oliver's voice come out of the beak of a photorealistic, dead-eyed CGI bird is deeply unsettling.

Super disappointed this isnt real:

https://entertainment.theonion.com/john-oliver-annoyed-after-discovering-he-the-only-non-c-1836485448