General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Yeah, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood left me feeling disappointed. It’s not that it was a bad movie by a long stretch, it just didn’t do it for me. 

Tarantino films are usually filled with tension and I never got that feeling really throughout the entire movie. 

DiCaprio and Pitt were both excellent but I’d put it way down on my list of favourite Tarantino pictures. 

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, Jackie Brown and Django Unchained are all far better in my opinion.

You know, Pennywise used to inspire some pretty deep, uncomfortable fear in me but for some reason the creation of the new movies has really killed that even though the new by all accounts is scarier. Like, maybe remaking and recasting the character finally settled in my mind that it is in fact just a character?

5 hours ago, =BK= said:

You know, Pennywise used to inspire some pretty deep, uncomfortable fear in me but for some reason the creation of the new movies has really killed that even though the new by all accounts is scarier. Like, maybe remaking and recasting the character finally settled in my mind that it is in fact just a character?

Or the original Pennywise just imbued another with all his dark power? :shifty: 

9 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I think it likely has to do with the fact that you're not a child anymore. 

Nah. Timeline don't match for that. 

I think you've just accepted that the films are films so that screen Pennywise isn't anything to be scared of while watching, whereas the real Pennywise that the story was based on is still terrifyingly real.

to be honest, having watched both the TV movie version and the film version as an adult, Tim Curry's Pennywise is creepier than Bill Skarsgård's. The new movie (and the trailers for part 2) are overall scarier with better imagery, but there's something about Curry's look and performance that feels very distinct to me, like a third-rate clown that hosts a kid's show in some tiny market gone horribly wrong. New Pennywise is just a creepy clown.

• Like 3

On 03/08/2019 at 18:44, apsham said:

I'm listening...

Haven't think movie been out for awhile?  Its been on my Hulu watch list for a few weeks now

... what.

Things take a hilariously disturbing turn in the last paragraph of Variety’s feature, which describes a Disney exec’s reaction following a recent internal screening of Jojo Rabbit: “Halfway through one recent viewing one executive grew audibly uncomfortable, worrying aloud that the material would alienate Disney fans.”