General Movie Thread

Jimmy

The trailer was fine but it's pretty much "What if Stranger Things but it's actually Ghostbusters," isn't it? Starring the lead kid from Stranger Things, who dressed up as a Ghostbuster on that show.

• Like 5

I personally found that trailer to be rather dull.  Didn't hype me up at all

It looks alright, but not very Ghostbusters-y, feels like a Super 8 and obviously Stranger Things inspired "kids doing stuff" thing, which is an absolute mile from some snarky middle aged comics take digs at each other whilst fighting daft ghosts. I'll watch it, and Paul Rudd is a bonus, but I'm not sold yet. Out of New York too. :(

It being like Stranger Things could just marketing. I'm cautiously optimistic but I also don't have a super big attachment to the originals so I don't really care about about the changes being made. 

Not using the theme song is an interesting choice though. 

The movie literally just finished filming, so they were probably very limited in what they could use to make a trailer out of as well especially with things related to CGI and FXs. Ghostbusters is my favorite movie and I for one am intrigued by the possible new tone though and am just glad we're ignoring anything that happened in 2016.

The 2016 movie is way better than it gets credit for.

For me, this one could be great too, but it’s got to have a heavy dose of comedy. That’s what the concept has always been: busting ghosts and comedy.

There’s still every chance that there’s gonna be plenty of laughs here. This trailer may have just been “okay, here’s the basic premise.”

• Like 3