General Movie Thread

Jimmy

18 hours ago, MDK said:

Wow, this looks terrible. 

Sonic looks much better.  Still doesn't cancel Franco's "How did I get to this level" look of despair or Jim Carey looking like he's doing an impression of someone doing a Jim Carey impression 

• 2 weeks later...

https://news.sky.com/story/blue-story-vue-defends-dropping-gang-film-after-25-incidents-in-24-hours-11869779

Blue Story: Vue defends dropping gang film after '25 significant incidents in 24 hours'

The film was pulled after violence in Birmingham, which led to seven officers being injured and five teenagers being arrested.

Vue has defended its decision to pull gangland film Blue Story, saying there were 25 "significant incidents" in the 24 hours after the film was released in its cinemas.

The chain said that it was not a decision it took lightly or without consideration, adding that 16 of its cinemas had faced problems linked to the film.

"This is the biggest number we have ever seen for any film in a such a short time frame," the chain said.

The company added: "Despite a range of precautionary measures in place, including increased security, removal of late-night showings and reduced screenings of the film, the decision to withdraw Blue Story in its entirety was made on Saturday evening on grounds of safety alone.

"While we are disappointed that these are the actions we have had to take, we hope it is understandable that we cannot, and will not, take any risks with regard to the welfare and safety of our staff and our customers.

"Unfortunately, the actions of a significant few have spoiled the opportunity for others, but we stand by our decision to withdraw the film from our schedule indefinitely."

The decision came after police were called to an entertainment complex in Birmingham on Saturday night after reports of young people with machetes.

The New Nightmare redesign for Freddy was better than the reboot redesign. 

Spectre was my biggest movie disappointment of 2015. I was hopping they would pull another Skyfall and just ignore that movie altogether. But here we are. And they are still trying to sell us that Léa Seydoux's character is Bond's "the one" who made him quit the MI6 even though they had no chemistry at all. But Rami Malek as the villain should be fun. Better than Waltz as Blofeld in the last movie. That was a dud of a performance if I ever saw one.  

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1