General Movie Thread

Jimmy

47 minutes ago, RPS said:

We watched Despicable Me this weekend and my husband was Gru and me the Minions according to my kids. So I am Rose Minion. 

We watched Despicable Me 3 this weekend and my oldest daughter thinks I'm lame, because I knew the words to all the 80's songs the bad guy danced to. :(

Watched Sorry To Bother You and The Man Who Invented Christmas yesterday. 

Sorry To Bother You is very Black Mirror-Charlie Kaufmanesque. It's one of those movies that I have to be in a mood to watch, which I wasn't yesterday. I didn't know anything about it, but now knowing what its about, I will try to rewatch it later next week.

The Man Who Invented Christmas is exactly what its advertised as. One of those movies to make some hot chocolate and cuddle up with your love and zone out. In terms of "Watch as the author of a book gets his ideas", I rank it far behind Finding Neverland and Shakespeare In Love. Mind you, I haven't watched the Christopher Robin movie yet.

Edited by million$$man

• 2 weeks later...

Hell Or High Water is coming to Netflix on January 1st. Excellent heist film/western film/crime drama about two brothers who set out on a string of bank robberies to save their family ranch. Written by Taylor Sheridan (wrote Sicario, starred in Sons of Anarchy as David Hale) and starring the likes of Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine. Highly recommend.

• Like 3

What are the great war films?

Obviously Saving Private Ryan, goes without saying. Dunkirk should be considered, the soundtrack was amazing. Apocalypse Now, Platoon, All Quiet on the Western Front, Bridge over the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia.

My personal favourite is The Beast (of war).

1 hour ago, MDK said:

What are the great war films?

Obviously Saving Private Ryan, goes without saying. Dunkirk should be considered, the soundtrack was amazing. Apocalypse Now, Platoon, All Quiet on the Western Front, Bridge over the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia.

My personal favourite is The Beast (of war).

Avengers: Infinity War :shifty:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

In a sense, Charlie Wilson’s War.

Good shout, actually. Its like a war film without the war.

9 minutes ago, livid said:

Avengers: Infinity War :shifty:

Oh shut up you tart.

• Like 1

Just now, Colly said:

You could tell me anyone was in that film and I'd believe it. I saw it at the cinema and didn't even realise Ewan McGregor was in it until someone told me a week later. 

It is a who's who of actors.

Jamie fecking Lanister is in it!