General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I love stuff like this

• Like 2

On 23/09/2018 at 21:01, Benji said:

Loved A Simple Favor. Really fun combo of thriller, mystery, and comedy. Suprising how well it all meshed. Anna Kendrick absolutely makes the movie, but Blake Lively is no slouch either.

I went in thinking it was a straight forward thriller and was very pleasantly surprised, great film and future Mrs Style, Anna Kendrick was great

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/05/there-will-never-be-a-female-james-bond-confirms-executive-producer

A female James Bond? Never, confirms executive producer

Barbara Broccoli dismisses the possibility of a gender switch for 007, but says a woman may one day direct franchise

The future has looked shaky for cinema’s biggest hero. The director of his latest adventure quit 14 weeks before shooting. The release date was pushed back. Not so long ago, the actor who plays him said he would rather slash his wrists than reprise the role.

But there is one thing about which James Bond can rest easy: his manhood. Speaking to the Guardian, 007’s executive producer Barbara Broccoli ruled out any Doctor Who-style gender reinvention for Ian Fleming’s super-spy.

“Bond is male,” she said. “He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male.

“And that’s fine. We don’t have to turn male characters into women. Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in it pretty much entirely because I don't think he'd choose to tell a story for no reason, even though AMC is seemingly trying to pivot to movies for their hit shows. It seems like it's most likely (spoilers for a like four-year old show because I think someone or other is watching it for the first time)

Spoiler

About what Jesse does after he's set free by Walter and is on the run from the law.

Looking forward to the Mad Men movie about Ken Cosgrove in the '80s or whatever.

• Like 3