Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

There are people out there who put us all to shame in life, Ben Parkinson, the Olympic Torch Bearer who lost both his legs and suffered head injuries is one of them. Sure, in a week I'll be back to complaining to how bad my life is when I get twined at at work but at least for the time being I can't look at that man without thinking how brave and amazing he - and others like him - are.

Now back to the Ceremony, time for some Abide With Me. Lovely.

There are people out there who put us all to shame in life, Ben Parkinson, the Olympic Torch Bearer who lost both his legs and suffered head injuries is one of them. Sure, in a week I'll be back to complaining to how bad my life is when I get twined at at work but at least for the time being I can't look at that man without thinking how brave and amazing he - and others like him - are.

Totally agreed, seeing him carry the torch live was genuinely one of the most profound and inspiring things I have ever experienced in my life.

I assume he was just on the screen in some way, what did he do or did they just show him? Bad timing for my takeaway to arrive!

Fair enough, though I didn't see the programme! My Facebook feed just exploded with comments about Ben is all.

This is the bit I really was looking forward to, the event I always think of when I think of opening ceremonies.