Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

England GBR down 32-10 in the handball to France, who are cutting through us like a hot knife through butter. Looks like if I take up handball I might just get on the Olympic team.

Basketball too.

Football too.

• Like 2

Does someone want to remind me how UAE qualified for this tournament and the likes of Argentina, Italy, France didn't.

Edit: And as I say that, we let them score.

Just like how it works for the World Cup.

I assume because, like the World Cup, qualifiers are done by continental region so UAE had to beat even worse Asian sides to qualify, and Argentina had to get past the likes of Brazil and Uruguay.

Swimming main event is up next, the mens 4x100m relay featuring Australia and the Lochte/Phelps USA machine.

i wish we had a full strength GB squad with no limitations on who could be picked.

Wouldn't matter with Pearce in charge.

agree completely. horrid manager. with him as our u21 manager the future is in poor hands.

Nice of Tomkins to let him run right by him. He's too kind.

I'm sure the midfielder could have made the interception for the pass too, not sure who it was, I think Cleverley but it could have been Allen or Ramsey.

Well, the FA putting Pearce in charge was silly. But then, our FA sacked Peter Taylor from the U21's job when he had a 100% record, the day I stopped having any faith in our set-up. :/

And yes, what a wonderful last leg from the French to take gold!

Sinclair should be starting, I've thought that since the squad was announced.

And yeah why on earth is Sturridge playing on his own up front still. Why did Pearce only pick him and Sordell as strikers for the squad?