Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Guest mr. potato head

NBC should stop showing this Serena Williams/Sharapova match. It's not in the Olympic spirit to watch someone get pistol whipped in front of the entire world.

To be fair, most of what NBC's been doing isn't in the Olympic spirit, unless the Olympic spirit is to focus on athletes from your country to the complete exclusion of the rest of the world.

• Like 2

To be fair, most of what NBC's been doing isn't in the Olympic spirit, unless the Olympic spirit is to focus on athletes from your country to the complete exclusion of the rest of the world.

It IS NBC's version of the Olympic spirit. They'll give you an hour of Michael Phelps just to show him swim for 2 minutes and then just show you the medal count to let you know "wow, China's won a lot of golds and I don't think I've seen one of them happen in prime time".

• Admin

Pendleton>Johnson-Thompson>Ennis

And as for accents, the Swansea is alright, although if you are a chav in Swansea, the accent is like sandpaper.

But the worst accent I'e encountered in my short life has to be the Kent/Gillingham accent. A nasal, high-pitched voice is not nice to the ears.

So, Ollie then.

The Kim Collins thing is a farce. For those who aren't aware of the story:

Lane four stood empty during the final heat of the men's 100m in the Olympic Stadium on Saturday, after the former world champion Kim Collins was dropped by St Kitts and Nevis for spending the night in a hotel with his wife.

A furious Collins announced via Twitter that he would not be competing for his country again, claiming that his appearance at the Pan American Games in Mexico last year would be his last. "For those who saw me run in Mexico. That's the last time I represent my country," he said.

A spokesman for his home Olympic committee said Collins, who was competing at his fifth Olympic Games, would not participate in the 100m as a disciplinary measure after he flouted team rules by leaving the athletes' village without permission.

The spokesman said Collins had not been in the camp for "the last couple of days" and is believed to have been staying with his wife in a hotel.

Earlier Collins had posted a message on Twitter, reading: "My fans. I won't lie. Won't be running later tonight." Another message read: "Even men in prison get their wives to visit."

The 2003 world champion, who is 36, carried his country's flag at the Olympic opening ceremony just over a week ago. Collins finished seventh in the 2000 Olympic 100m final and sixth in Athens in 2004. He won bronze in the 100m at last year's world championships in Daegu, South Korea, but with a season's best time of 10.05sec would have found it difficult to earn a place in Sunday's final.

Collins remains as an entrant in the 200m and 4x100m but team officials said they were unable to confirm whether he would compete.

Collins is the second of an original seven-athlete Olympics team from St Kitts and Nevis to be disciplined.

The sprinter Tameka Williams, the only woman on the team, was sent home last weekend for a potential drug violation despite not testing positive for a banned drug.

The St Kitts and Nevis Olympic Committee said Williams had acknowledged using a substance which was "clearly outside the medical code".