The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Hmm... methinks I'm gonna' do with this DLC what I did with Mass Effect 3. Play through everything in the series to get the game set up exactly how I want, then play the new stuff.

Hmm... methinks I'm gonna' do with this DLC what I did with Mass Effect 3. Play through everything in the series to get the game set up exactly how I want, then play the new stuff.

That was my plan, then Skyrim took over when I saw it cheap <_< I still need to complete Dead Rising as well. Plus the Steam sale is incoming. Too many games, I think I need to quit my job to play them all.

So, I've been watching a few videos to see what the DLC is like. Doesn't look like it answers many questions past what happened to the crew.

Still no reveal of what happened to the Geth, no explanation of how all these races survived without Mass Relays... Yeah. Not great. But whatever, at this point I've just accepted that Mass Effect, as a series, didn't have a great ending.

There's also a new option to not do any of those things, resulting in the complete destruction of earth as far as I can tell.

So, I've been watching a few videos to see what the DLC is like. Doesn't look like it answers many questions past what happened to the crew.

Still no reveal of what happened to the Geth, no explanation of how all these races survived without Mass Relays... Yeah. Not great. But whatever, at this point I've just accepted that Mass Effect, as a series, didn't have a great ending.

There's also a new option to not do any of those things, resulting in the complete destruction of earth as far as I can tell.

If you pick Synthesis, it shows geth (and unmasked quarians!) mingling together.

One theory/observation I've seen is that the mass relays may still work despite the damage they took. I'm very glad they retconned the destruction.

Also, apparently you can either tell off the Starchild or shoot at him, and that causes an ending where you see Liara's message being played during the next cycle or some stuff like that.

If you pick Synthesis, it shows geth (and unmasked quarians!) mingling together.

One theory/observation I've seen is that the mass relays may still work despite the damage they took. I'm very glad they retconned the destruction.

Also, apparently you can either tell off the Starchild or shoot at him, and that causes an ending where you see Liara's message being played during the next cycle or some stuff like that.

Have you got a link to the video with Geth/Quarian? I mean, my two biggest problems with the ending were the two I listed and the one thing they actually showed. (Crew mates) And is there any actual evidence of that? I know at the end of the one I watched there's a voice over of Hackett saying we can rebuild, but it's never really implied that he's talking about the Mass Relays. If those three things are sorted out... well, I'm not exactly happy because I've already experienced a less than stellar ending, but that's a bit better.

Have you got a link to the video with Geth/Quarian? I mean, my two biggest problems with the ending were the two I listed and the one thing they actually showed. (Crew mates) And is there any actual evidence of that? I know at the end of the one I watched there's a voice over of Hackett saying we can rebuild, but it's never really implied that he's talking about the Mass Relays. If those three things are sorted out... well, I'm not exactly happy because I've already experienced a less than stellar ending, but that's a bit better.

You might be able to look the endings up on YT right now.

I don't know about Control or Destroy, but in Synthesis, the Reapers actually help the various races rebuild, so it's probably likely that they would've helped the races reactivate the relays. I'd assume that any ending where Shepard's influence-slash-death means the Reapers are alive but changed means that the relays will be repaired with the Reapers' help.

Oh man I just thought of something. Do I need to play multi a bunch again so I get the good ending for Shepard? :(

I can't remember totally, but I'm pretty sure the multi stuff only counts towards that 2 second long scene where you see Shepard breathe at the end.

Oh man I just thought of something. Do I need to play multi a bunch again so I get the good ending for Shepard? :(

I just went through the ending sequence again with 50% readiness and still got the good ending.

Found them on youtube...

Oh man! The 'Refusal' ending is amazing. Goosebumps! That is what my Shepard would have chosen...and he would have fucked up the entire galaxy. First he let's the Quarian's die, THEN he let's the entire galaxy die

:(

And just watched the Synthesis ending. Also good! Although, I likely would have had a difference scene since I kinda had the Quarian's die.

End of the earth ending.

Forgot how to end the game, shot the child got a shitty Liara ending which would have been worse than the original ending if I had just got that I think, would have liked to see them all get killed...

Edited by Sam