General Gaming Thread

TKz

It was discounted on steam as well. I was surprised to see it.

58 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:

So I cancelled my Cyberpunk 2077 pre-order on PS4 and will instead see how it runs on my roughly 5 year old PC instead. I don't need the graphics to be mind blowing anyway I just want it to run smoothly.

Just turn the graphics down. I always do that with games regardless. I haven't had any issues and I certainly don't have a top of the line PC.

15 minutes ago, LUKIE said:

Just turn the graphics down. I always do that with games regardless. I haven't had any issues and I certainly don't have a top of the line PC.

I love how the solution to the game running is to simply purposefully make it look worse with the in-game options, as opposed to the game just running poorly as it was normally supposed to. 

• Like 2

Since the Game Awards are coming up, just for fun, I dug up my analysis of the Death Stranding trailer that dropped on the 2016 awards to see how much I got right. And it wasn't much! Especially who the people were, I didn't recognize GDT or Madds.

Spoilered for length, and well, spoilers. Whether I was right or not in Bold

Spoiler

From our first shot we can tell almost right away that this is a city under siege, as apparent from the battle damage and the fighter planes flying overhead.(Nope, it was a shared afterlife of people who died in WW1) The man in the suit has a badge pin shaped like the continental US, hinting that he's a government official of the sort. (More of a government employee, but essentially correct) His body language also suggests that he's not used to being in combat situations, thus he likely has never been a soldier. (Also correct)

The bizarre tendrils trailing the fighters directly overhead, as well as the fleshy masses coming out of the top and side of the armored vehicle, tell us that this seige force is not entirely human. (Sort of. The humanoid BTs were basically ghosts, but the larger ones were basically sentient antimatter) What they are is unclear, but the mostly humanoid footsoldiers and the radio chatter hint that this lifeform has the ability to assimilate humanity at some level. (Not quite. Again, the humanoid BTs are ghosts. The footsoldiers are more dead souls in limbo)

The baby in a containment capsule carried by the guy I'm going to call Senator Penn Gillette would need to be in such a capsule for a reason. Senator Gillette is not wearing a gasmask, hinting that the air is safe to breathe. This, and the fact that the baby appears to be underdeveloped, suggests that this capsule is in fact an artificial womb of some kind. (It was designed to be as such, so I was mostly right here) The writing on it is in English, and therefore we can deduce that whoever made such a device is human. (Also correct)

It's unclear what the pooling sludge is, but it's probably irrelevant.(Antimatter tar was very bad news in the game and a bona fide hazard. I'll call it wrong here) The baby doll glowing as it flows under the sewer duct indicates that there's some kind of surveillance device within it. Not too much of a stretch, as dolls having secret cameras inside is a thing done today to monitor nannies etc. (Nope. Component of Higgs' BB)

And then stepping out of the sewers is an infantry unit, who block off the entranceway and monitor all sides. They are all connected to their leader by cables, which dissapate along with their commander's helmet when he disposes of it. Corporal David Bowie, possibly a lifeform, (He was a ghost, but not a BT) can likely create such equipment at will to blend in, and the cables perhaps allow him to share consciousness with his footsoldiers so that he can see what they see. (He did have some level of control of the footsoldiers, but nothing resembling a hivemind)

The last thing we see is the monitor doll hitting Corporal Bowie's foot, and then he smiles. Note that the doll is no longer glowing. He may also possess some level of technopathy, allowing him to see what the cameras see, (He displays no such power) and therefore he knows that Senator Gillette has the child.(Correct)

Given the obvious importance of the child, we can then infer that the child has some kind of key to defeating the lifeforms.(Kind of. It let you sense them, which helped you fight/avoid them) Perhaps the child has something in his DNA that can resist them. (Nope. It was their status as stillborn fetuses) Or, given Kojima's penchant for future tech, the child may in fact have crucial data in it's bloodstream and was being used as a kind of dystopian external hard drive.(Dystopian tech, but not memory storage) The seiged city is a headquarters of a resistance force, and Senator Gillette is taking the child to them.(Nope)

2 hours ago, RPS said:

I love how the solution to the game running is to simply purposefully make it look worse with the in-game options, as opposed to the game just running poorly as it was normally supposed to. 

I understand what you are saying. If people have top of the line PC's and expected/wanted to run the game at full graphics they certainly should be able to, and shame on the developers.

All I was trying to say is that for people like me, if you aren't too fussed at having the best graphics and are more about just playing the game, then it runs fine.

• Like 1

I finished Kingdom Hearts 3. At least the main game, not DLC.

What a wonderful, confusing, beautiful game. I was worried this was the very end for a minute but they're already setting  up the next game.

Please no more Pirates of The Caribbean in KH4 or whatever is next. It barely fit the theme of this game.

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Please no more Pirates of The Caribbean in KH4 or whatever is next. It barely fit the theme of this game.

Careful what you wish for. Less Pirates means more prominence for the inevitable addition of Baby Yoda.

They never tried to put Power Rangers or Marvel into the game so I'm not worried about Star Wars.

6 hours ago, =BK= said:

They never tried to put Power Rangers or Marvel into the game

Yet.

13 hours ago, LUKIE said:

I understand what you are saying. If people have top of the line PC's and expected/wanted to run the game at full graphics they certainly should be able to, and shame on the developers.

All I was trying to say is that for people like me, if you aren't too fussed at having the best graphics and are more about just playing the game, then it runs fine.

I was pulling your leg, Lukie. On my PC, I actually never consciously go out of my way to turn up the graphical or performance settings on PC and have never played a game where I had to turn them down. But my PC is getting close to 5 years old, so I am definitely going to have to replace some pieces soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I fucking knew it

DgCQVfR.png

I think this makes me a games journalist now. Next stop, selling my happy ass out and being on the new G4

On 10/12/2020 at 17:16, Rukaru Shida said:

So it's $50? Oh nice. I was thinking of getting it on sale... and if it's already on sale now... Where at?

45$ on Amazon today. 

16 minutes ago, RPS said:

45$ on Amazon today. 

I just got that email! I was going to get it, but I realized I wouldn't have time in the next bit to play it between Cyberpunk and whatever I may get from Christmas. And by the time I get around to it, it'll probably be even cheaper!

1 minute ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I just got that email! I was going to get it, but I realized I wouldn't have time in the next bit to play it between Cyberpunk and whatever I may get from Christmas. And by the time I get around to it, it'll probably be even cheaper!

I am getting it for my better half, as he LOVES Breath of the Wild. 

3 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Let me know how it is! I've heard it's nothing mindblowing, but still a fun experience. 

That describes Cyberpunk 2077... haha. 

On 10/11/2020 at 15:12, Bobfoc said:

Take-Two have purchased Codemasters for nearly $1 billion. Prepare for the F1 games to have more microtransactions.

And yesterday EA swooped in with a $1.2 billion bid to buy them, and the bidding war isn't over yet apparently.

As much as I like the Dirt games and this year's F1 game was excellent, I don't quite understand the money being spent on them. That said, I look forward to F1 Ultimate Team where you have to find four separate cards to get the four wheels.

Supposed leaked list of epic games free games:

December 17 - "Dying Light"

December 18 - "Resident Evil 7"

December 19 - "The Witcher 3"

December 20 - "Mass Effect Andromeda"

December 21 - "Assassins Creed Origins"

December 22 - "Metal Gear Solid V"

December 23 - "Evil Within 2"

December 24 - "Far Cry 5"

December 25 - "Fallout 4"

December 26 - "Borderlands 3"

December 27 - "Monster Hunter Worlds"