General Gaming Thread

TKz

Two hours later and I'm only at 38% through the install of 101GBs on the PS5. That's without the Day One patch, too.

But on the brightside, I actually ended up getting it for $15, not $30. Gotta love corporations giving you Amazon giftcards instead of a holiday bonus (no, I hate it actually).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LUKIE said:

It was only saying 45gb for PC.

$15? I just paid $90AU!

I had $50 in Playstation giftcards. It was $59.99 before tax on the PS Store.

But yeah, my download size is 101GB and I'm almost positive that doesn't have the Day One patch, just the pre-Day One patch. I could be wrong, though.

57.3 GB on Steam, so take that for what you will.

15 minutes ago, BayOROnetta said:

57.3 GB on Steam, so take that for what you will.

Yeah, sorry, it's this one, not whatever I said earlier.

I decided to buy it as there were snippets of actual in-game footage and it looked like a combination of a bunch of games I have played previously and enjoyed.

It might be a tough ask for Emily to let me buy the Isaac expansion next year because I threw 90 bucks on this :@

Update: Patch installing on Steam now. 60.2 GB.

7 minutes ago, LUKIE said:

Servers are handling it really well. It's only taking me about 30 minutes to download the patch.

Actually, we got lucky. Steam servers are chugging for a lot of people.

So far I haven't come across anything too bad. There are glitches with npc's, but that's about it. I haven't done a heap of combat, but I'm finding there is too much to try and do during combat for how fast paced it is. Trying to hack stuff while trying to shoot 5 guys in the head is near impossible.

3 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Lots of customer reviews saying it is riddled with bugs, crashes a lot, and performs very poorly graphically even on decent PC setups.

Makes me a bit worried about my PS4 copy arriving in the next few days 😕

Early reports are suggesting that the game runs quite horribly on the PS4. I've seen footage of stuttering frame rates, missing textures and full crashes.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Early reports are suggesting that the game runs quite horribly on the PS4. I've seen footage of stuttering frame rates, missing textures and full crashes.

Hopefully patches fix things otherwise I'm going to have to wait until I eventually get a PS5 to play...

SkillIUp's 50 minute review basically boiled down to 'this game is excellent but badly unpolished. If you can wait a year to play it for the first time, do so'.

• Like 1

It seems like on Twitter there's a lot of "well it was optimized for PS5 and Series S/X", but I'm thinking "janky game" is more a byproduct of CDPR making their employees crunch to get it done more than anything else.

• Like 1

It's hard to excuse a company that worked its employees to the bone and still didn't release a properly working product.

The argument that its less patchy performance on the new consoles is acceptable doesn't work for me either. They're selling a game that's meant to be compatible with all models of PS4 and Xbox One, so it should run properly on all of them.

• Like 5

The game was developed for PS4 and Xbox One (and PC of course). The fact that it's not optimised for those consoles is fairly inexcusable - it simply shouldn't have been released yet if that was the case.

I also really dislike the huge group of PC elitists who are laughing at anyone with an outdated system or a console who have complaints.

• Like 2

Majority of pre-orders are on PC too, which may be somewhat due to the scarcity of PS5 consoles. 

They picked the best holiday season to launch the game though, very little competition in terms of "big name" games as the majority of buyer's focuses are on just securing the new consoles.

And I agree, the fact this game was developed for the PS4/Xbox One and both can't really handle it is a massive indictment. Don't expect CDPR's focus to be on really enhancing those versions as much as they'll want to ensure future purchases (which will likely be on newer gen consoles and PC) have a smoother, better-running game. They'll get them "working" I assume but I still wouldn't be shocked if in a year people playing on PS4 are still reporting weird bugs or slowdowns.

• Like 1