General Gaming Thread

TKz

19 minutes ago, apsham said:

Okay so, hear me out.

I think these MDickie games are legitimately some of the best wrestling games ever made. Not because they look good, not because they are technical masterpieces, but because absolutely every time I play one of them I have a stupidly good time.

For the previous game, people make save edits with proper federation and character names and the like - but it all has to live inside the world of this game made by one absolute nutter. That guy fell off the cage because randomly that happens when you're climbing things. The earlier games had explosions and people losing limbs mid-match and still carrying on like nothing happened, just because. You'll be playing and Doink The Clown will show up backstage and offer to sell you steroids so you can bulk up and if you say no, he'll hold it against you like you stole money from his dying mother. Nothing makes sense, ever - and the career mode is god damn beautiful for it.

My only knock on booking revolution on mobile is the lack of a "x wins the match" screen after exhibition matches, thatd legit be a game changer for me

So is it mechanically OK? I'm interested, but if it's utterly terrible to control, it's probably not for me. I really can't tell from the footage if it's a terrible game that's held up by a wacky season mode or something that's actually fun to play with.

I'm not expecting something as good as Fire Pro, but I don't want to play something that isn't at least functional.

41 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

So is it mechanically OK? I'm interested, but if it's utterly terrible to control, it's probably not for me. I really can't tell from the footage if it's a terrible game that's held up by a wacky season mode or something that's actually fun to play with.

I'm not expecting something as good as Fire Pro, but I don't want to play something that isn't at least functional.

Controls are simple enough, submissions are a bunch of janky nonsense at times, AI is a crapshoot with it fluctuating on being both ends of the "lolcharlottewins" scale. But all in all, the games aren't terrible but the wacky shenanigans is ltierally almost the only reason I play.

One of my best stories was not-The Barbarian being disappointed in his client not-Triple H winning his match...after it was revealed that he died from injuries during the contest.

Isn’t MDickie also a bit out there? Made some Jesus-y game in the same vein as the wrestling ones that’s a bit, uh, well?

I probably still have my old boxed copies of his boxing and one of his wrestling games from the early 00's here somewhere. The Michael Jackson game and the spin off story involving Uri Geller and D12 always amused me.

Spoilered for size:

Spoiler

ref_telegraph_mj.JPG

MDickie is basically the Tommy Wiseau of video game development. His games are objectively crap but still stupidly fun to experience. He's also got an ego that would make Kriss Sprules look humble.

• Like 1

On 18/12/2020 at 19:41, Rukaru Shida said:

Honestly, if you've ever had fun with a PS1 Wrestling game then I don't see what you wouldn't get a hell of a good time out of this. The actual wrestling looks pretty cool if keep it in mind of those level of games.

15 hours ago, K said:

It's very funny to me that mdickie games in 2020 are visually identical to mdickie games from the 2000s

What do you expect from the man who, according to MDickie, is the greatest and most innovative video game developer of all time.

• Like 1

Quick question about Assassin's Creed

So I've been given Valhalla as an early Christmas present but the last game I played was number 2. Do I really need to know what's gone on in the other games or not?

22 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

So I've been given Valhalla as an early Christmas present but the last game I played was number 2. Do I really need to know what's gone on in the other games or not?

I think they dropped the overarching storylines after Revelations.

4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

To understand the Viking part of things, not really. You can also probably piece together the outside story as well without playing the other games, though as someone who likes to have the whole story, it does annoy me a little that I don't know everything that happened in the outside world during previous games. Just make sure you check out her computer and such as there are emails and video files and that kind of stuff that will help you piece together the prior stories.

I've played about 20 hours or so and I've enjoyed it a lot. For me it had the unfortunate timing of coming out a week before the new WoW expansion so it'll be awhile before I can dive back into it but I definitely can't wait to do so.

9 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

So I’m thinking of buying a Switch real soon. Am I likely to save more money buying now or after Christmas?

Probably about the same. Maybe keep an eye out at Wario64 on Twitter to see if there are any sales/package deals.

anyone playing Ghostrunner?

It's a first person cyberpunk parkour game, where you play a cybernetically enhanced ninja with a robot hand.

it's wild, and very hard. I just died 103 times on level one, but i suck at video games and that was my first time.

This demo doesn't really do justice to the stress you feel people the soundtrack really ramps on the tension and it's not present here.