WWE '13

tenaciousg

Is there any reason this game costs 20 more than The DragonBall Z Budokai HD Collection that comes out next month? It seems weird that WWE13 which is one game costs 60 while this HD collection that is 2 games will only be 40. I don't buy many games new but the last time I did I thought 40 was run of the mill.

Because it's DragonBall Z.

I've only played one match in Universe mode (Epico/Ryder) and gotten to One Night Only in the Attitude Mode, but I'm really enjoying it. Not saying much, since up until yesterday, I was still playing WWE '12, but yeah. I like the new Irish whip animation. Even on the Easy setting, the few matches I've played have been pretty compettive. I've heard the servers for online are stable and pretty fast, but we'll see how long that lasts heading into the weekend. If I recall correctly, WWE '12 was the same way, then after a few days Online went to shit and stayed that way until just recently, when people stopped playing it I guess.

I have a feeling I'm going to buy the package that unlocks everything, but unlike last year, I think I'm still going to play through the main story mode because the Attitude Era is what I grew up watching so it's a soft spot for me. Although, I don't remember 1997 at all, so this DX formation stuff is pretty new to me.

Universe mode looks pretty good from what little I've seen. I'm going to play more tomorrow after I get off work, but it seems great. Reset, turning certain storylines on or off, almost complete customization... I don't know, can't really ask for more. Just need a slightly bigger roster and I'll be set. Although, it's pretty realistic, with RAW and SmackDown! only have 17/18 workers on each brand :P Only thing that annoyed me was the line-up for the RAW that generated for me. Everything seemed fine until I got to the semi-main and the main event, Cena/Kane and Santino/Kofi, respectively. Grrrr.

Yeah Attitude is a bit too linear for my liking. I get they want to relive history, but being able to effect outcomes or change things a bit would be cool.

Some of the stipulations you have to do are really annoying. Supposed to be challenging, but just kind of a pain.

That Bulldog match took a couple tries as trying to get hit to tap after all the other objectives was rough at times.

You guys don't HAVE to do the historical challenges, y'know. That's why I plan on just buying the package that unlocks everything and then play the rest of the Attitude Era mode. Granted, some of the matches do require you to do the historical challenges (I think the Hunter/Shawn VS. Mankind/Taker match does), but it's mostly not a big deal. Even though I can't seem to hit 2 elbow drops on Bulldog, or win by submission. :(

so after messing with universe abit... here are little things that i am really liking

keeps track of how many times a superstar holds a title, and how many total weeks they have held a title

keeps track of past MITB/rumble winners and if they were succesful (cashing in/at Mania)

keeps a list of past title holders

you can actually take a superstar out of ranking for a title... (example could take CM Punk out of ranking for US to focus on mid card guys)

Is there any reason this game costs 20 more than The DragonBall Z Budokai HD Collection that comes out next month? It seems weird that WWE13 which is one game costs 60 while this HD collection that is 2 games will only be 40. I don't buy many games new but the last time I did I thought 40 was run of the mill.

HD Collections are always cheaper because they're just old games that don't look completely awful on HDTVs. Metal Gear Solid was 3 games and still only $40. New games don't cost $40.

• Like 1

1st match is uploaded to the Youtubes.

Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton vs Sin Cara and Wade Barret. Me and my buddy were screwing around basically all night lol.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=g-crec-u

2nd Match uploaded was Brodus Clay and Brock Lesnar vs Big Show and the Big Bossman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxhldqaUZPE&feature=g-crec-u

Edited by Braeden

As someone who bought WWE 12 and played it for a month maybe, is this worth picking up?

I was the same way with '12, and I picked up '13. I love it so far, if not only for the Attitude Roster. I can see myself playing this for pretty much the whole year. Attitude Era mode is incredible, even if it is a bit linear.

I'm actually on the boat towards similarities to '12, although I never minded diving back into that game. It feels like an experience that is cool, but might bore me after a point. The changes to Universe mode are way more rewarding, though. I like it better that I just have the belts as options and not a case of "EVERYONE HAS A DAMN TITLE AND IT MAKES ENTRANCES ANNOYING." I hope the next generation does something with the announcing, though. There's so much potential to breathe life into something like Universe mode simply by commentary, since obviously it's a bit difficult to tell stories in-game without relying on the loads of time it takes to put in text dialogue.