WWE '13

tenaciousg

One annoying thing i've noticed on Universe is that in pretty much every match the opponent just suddenly exits the ring and goes to remove the top of the announce table, really a small thing but it's annoying that it's basically happening in every match.

Haven't tried the Universe much yet as trying to get atleast most of the stuff unlocked before so, one difference seems to be 5 matches in every show, will PPV's have more matches than the six in before as well? I like Attitude mode much better than the Road to Wrestlemania last year where you basically had to just play until the Y mark showed up leading to a cutscene in every match.

Got through the Rise of the DX and Austin's storylines. New Age Outlaws/Legion of Doom objectives took a long time (actually the third one really) and HBK/Taker HIAC, because i got pinned every time, but yeah kind of rewarding when actually winning after several tries.

Pretty good game so far.

I had to put the difficulty down on that tag match. I've enjoyed literally all of the other matches that I have played.. but when Animal refuses to get tagged in and he's the guy I need to pin, it's an absolute pain in the ass. And then after that, every time I tried to go for the belt I'd get stopped or reversed.

I had to put the difficulty down on that tag match. I've enjoyed literally all of the other matches that I have played.. but when Animal refuses to get tagged in and he's the guy I need to pin, it's an absolute pain in the ass. And then after that, every time I tried to go for the belt I'd get stopped or reversed.

Had the same problem, one time I almost had it but then i ko'd animal..... Objective failed

After several attempts of trying to do the attitude moment I figured out I should just move the belt right at the start of the game to the outside of the ring but by my corner. So when I got the attitude moment, got out the ring by Road Dogg waited for Hawk to start climbing out the ring and hit him. Started to hate myself because I was like why did it take me so long to figure that out.

Game arrived, just had my first match as Ziggler to test the waters, really liking it.

One thing though, how on God's name did the commentary get to where it's at now? It wasn't great before and could get repetitive, but fuck me it's almost horrendous now.

...most realistic aspect of the game, then?

I've only played through a few matches with the Cole-Lawler commentary. No more. I'm not listening to that. Its not just repetitive dribble that doesn't match the action, but it actually seems to vary in sound quality at times too.

The commentary's better in Attitude Era because of the clear lines of dialogue they say to reflect the given situation, but yeah, they might be better suited with just scrapping commentary since there's too many variables to it to reflect in the product while trying to make it interesting. It's sort of like how it's near impossible to properly set up spoken promos, they can chalk it up as a thing they just are better served letting the player imagine.

The commentary's better in Attitude Era because of the clear lines of dialogue they say to reflect the given situation, but yeah, they might be better suited with just scrapping commentary since there's too many variables to it to reflect in the product while trying to make it interesting. It's sort of like how it's near impossible to properly set up spoken promos, they can chalk it up as a thing they just are better served letting the player imagine.

It's really not though. Going back and playing HCTP now is so weird without any commentary, and not in a good way.

Far be it from me to begrudge a game for one stupid decision, but the bonus objectives for the New Age Outlaws/Legion Of Doom match are fucking retarded.

Yes! I got frustrated and turned off the game trying to do those.

I was like that during the Hell in a Cell match between HBK/Taker, which was me frantically hitting stair shots onto Taker until the cinematic and then frantically trying to avoid Taker's signature and STILL needing a Sweet Chin Music to beat him. Kind of rewarding to beat, all things considered, though.

I had one of the most awesome end sequences ever in that match. I had 'Taker pretty much done, he was on the mat, I went up top to go for the signature Flying Elbow Drop. He stood up before I left the top rope, countered it by catching me in mid-air, and turning it into a Tombstone Piledriver. Despite having the tiniest margin, and being useless at kicking out of pins, somehow I managed to kick out, and immediately follow up with a Sweet Chin Music and the cover. It was intense.

That's about as far as I've got in Attitude mode yet, but it's been a hell of a lot of fun - though British Bulldog is like a fucking God. That one took me the better part of an hour.

Also, I was fooling around on Create An Entrance, and spotted a couple of interesting pre-set entrances. Dean Ambrose is in there - which I'd heard about, but I didn't expect to be spot-on - but it's immediately followed by EL GENERICO. He's my girlfriend's favourite wrestler, so that pretty much made our evening playing it. And with the turnbuckle BRAINBUSTAH~! appearing in the DLC moves pack that's coming out, I'm hoping someone uploads an El Generico CAW even half as good as the perfect one we found for WWE 12.