European Football Thread

IAceI

I honestly can't see Conte going to Spurs. He's pretty much a manager who HAS to be given (significant) funds to spend in order to be happy. He's a supremely talented manager, but he's a massive control freak and throws nonstop tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Conte and Spurs is an even worse marriage than Jose  and Spurs.

I see Conte taking a big break then taking the Barca job if Xavi poops it. Conte vs Allegri in La Liga would be fun. 

The only big club job available in the big five leagues now is what, Napoli? Too bad Roma jumped the gun and hired Jose 🤦‍♂️

Funny how according to As Madrid was moving fast because European giants were after him. Not fast enough it seems. I suppose they'll try for Conte now. Raul would probably be a backup plan in the B squad in case the main option fails, as it happened with Zidane back in the day.

I don't know why Conte would want to go to Real Madrid. Poor Florentino Perez and poor little Real Madrid have no money because football doesn't give them enough money like they're entitled too. He would never get any transfer funds there!

1 hour ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I don't know why Conte would want to go to Real Madrid. Poor Florentino Perez and poor little Real Madrid have no money because football doesn't give them enough money like they're entitled too. He would never get any transfer funds there!

My head says he's closely watching Poch and PSG. A guy like Conte would be over the moon with a truly unlimited transfer budget.

Also, reading some rumors Sarri is a favorite for the Inter job.

A while ago Pochettino said managing Real Madrid one day would be a dream but at that point he wasn't interested because he already had a club. 

Fast forward to 2021, a couple months ago, when it became known Zidane wasn't going to stay, the first replacement name that came out was Allegri, but I remember reading he was just an alternative to their main interest, Pochettino, who wasn't considered at the time because he was under contract.

If he leaves PSG, it's possible although I wouldn't say it's the most likely outcome.

Xabi Alonso is also a possibility according to Madrid's press, which I haven't heard until today and would be equivalent to a surprise roll up.

Fans want Raul btw, in case anyone was wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a story that should be wild to me, but isn't at all because I feel like it happens relatively often. Silas Wamangituka, Stuttgart's top scorer last year, revealed to the club that his name and age are both fabricated lies after leaving DR Congo. He's apparently 1 year older than he has said, and his surname is different. Says a Belgian agent who had total control of his money and passports did it. Stuttgart are supporting him coming clean and don't have any intentions of consequencing him.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/vfb-stuttgart/story/4403324/stuttgart-top-scorer-silas-wamangituka-reveals-nameage-changed-by-agent-as-teenager