European Football Thread

IAceI

I find it really odd that Dortmund are happy to let players go to Bayern. I know money talks, but it feels very very rare for a player to go from Man Utd to Liverpool or Man City. Add to that them poaching a manager from RB Leipzig (who surely don't need the money), and it does feel like they're in a completely separate tier.

Yeah, I know with the whole ESL thing a lot of people were casting admiring glances towards Germany, but this is also a complete borefest of a league which the same team has won nine times in a row. And 50+1 hasn't done anything to mitigate that. If anything it's made it worse.

Also with the obvious exception of Koln the Bundesliga is a really shit league for club badges.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Colly said:

I find it really odd that Dortmund are happy to let players go to Bayern. I know money talks, but it feels very very rare for a player to go from Man Utd to Liverpool or Man City. Add to that them poaching a manager from RB Leipzig (who surely don't need the money), and it does feel like they're in a completely separate tier.

Dortmund operate in such a way to make me believe that they'd just be happy to never have to accept a loan from Bayern to stay in business again.

46 minutes ago, Colly said:

The last time it came close to happening was with Gabriel Heinze and when Fergie found out about it he put the kebosh on it. 

Only other time in recent memory was the very publicy bitter move of Tevez and the MANCHESTER IS BLUE billboard. He didn't want him to come to Liverpool so he went City. 

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

Bilbao did indeed beat Sevilla too.

With a 90th minute winner too. A bit of a letdown, as mathematically they can still win it with four games left and six points behind Atleti, but it's almost impossible. It'll be fun if they play spoiler next weekend against Real, though. 

I'm weirdly pushing for Atleti to win, though. 

I mean, if Jose's brand of ultra negative football, Serie A is the place to do it where Inter just won the league playing a lot of the same kind of football. They also had Lukaku and Lauturo though, mind you.

12 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I mean, if Jose's brand of ultra negative football, Serie A is the place to do it where Inter just won the league playing a lot of the same kind of football. They also had Lukaku and Lauturo though, mind you.

They only did when they were miles ahead and basically just trying to secure points to win the league, though. Before that I'd say they were pretty exciting. 

11 hours ago, Benjamin said:

They only did when they were miles ahead and basically just trying to secure points to win the league, though. Before that I'd say they were pretty exciting. 

They did play attacking football in the first half of the season, yes. And it saw them finish 4th in Champions League. The defensive side of football started before they were miles ahead, but it definitely got more defensive the further the season went on to yes, see it out... Because that's what Conte knows. He's a very defensive minded manager and he will have to be more progressive if Inter are ever going to be a team that does anything in the Champions League.