Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, =BK= said:

Now that I'm not about to head into work...

I don't know how I feel about the voice. I was hoping they'd have Melissa Rauch be Harley again. I really liked her in the animated film.

I like the style and the tone.  I was sure they weren't going to use the classic costume but I was wrong and that's not a bad thing. I wonder if it'll break the 4th wall in the actual show.

40 minutes ago, Rocky Feller Picture Show said:

I've seen none of the DCEU... Is this a good place to start? Or should I actually do the Superman/Batman series first?

That's actually a pretty good place to start

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

On 04/10/2018 at 23:39, =BK= said:

Now that I'm not about to head into work...

I don't know how I feel about the voice. I was hoping they'd have Melissa Rauch be Harley again. I really liked her in the animated film.

I like the style and the tone.  I was sure they weren't going to use the classic costume but I was wrong and that's not a bad thing. I wonder if it'll break the 4th wall in the actual show.

Hate the voice. Arleen Sorkin's trademark Brooklyn/Jersey accept set the stage that every other voice actress has followed since. And since there was no Harley Quinn character prior to Batman: TAS, it seems like a bigger afront to the portrayl than if someone reinterpreted a character from the comic page. Also not wild about the tone of "piss yourself" vs. censoring "bash their fucking heads in". They poke fun at the dark the gritty DCEU yet the cartoon carries the vibe from the dreadful Spike TV animated block ala Ren and Stimpy revival or Stripperella

12 hours ago, Rocky Feller Picture Show said:

I've seen none of the DCEU... Is this a good place to start? Or should I actually do the Superman/Batman series first?

Watch Wonder Woman, because it's good. Don't bother with anything else, or worry about jumping-on points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you want to watch one of the DCEU films with Batman, it really comes down to: Do you want to see a brooding Batman, or a version that's more light/jokes around? Because the former would be BvS, and the latter would be Justice League.

I'm in the minority that didn't really care for Wonder Woman. It was "just okay". That might be due to me not really liking Gal Gadot as an actress, though.

Edited by tristy
  • Thanks 1

First look of Batwoman for the DC/CW universe crossover event

xjjw4ahpjzd5sjzmn0nf.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lint said:

First look of Batwoman for the DC/CW universe crossover event

Hide contents

xjjw4ahpjzd5sjzmn0nf.png

I like it! She looks like Batwoman!

Also, why spoilers? You already put the character name out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, St. Dubb said:

Speaking of DC movies - James Gunn has signed on to write and probably direct the Suicide Squad sequel...

That's pretty massive. Certainly has me more interested in that film than I was previously given the first one was rats.