:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, SiLint_Night said:

If you watch the Aftermath show though

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, thats neat.

On 14/12/2019 at 00:46, =BK= said:

Crisis stuff

Reveal hidden contents

Normally I can get on with a disgraced version of Batman. It's a neat story to tell but it really bugs me that this is the only version of Batman the CW has presented and it's probably the only live action Batman that Kevin Conroy will ever play. 

I've brought it up at a couple of places that he should have been the Batman Beyond version, at about the halfway point between the heart attack and Terry taking over. That's pretty much how old Kevin Conroy actually is, and he would have still been a good guy unable to fight. Or he should have been straight up Kingdom Come Batman. Still wearing the exo-skeleton to move, but possibly having an army of Bat-Robots showing up to help.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note for any other UK'ers regarding Crisis, in case you hadn't worked it out already we aren't getting episode 2 as Batwoman hasn't been picked up over here and Sky aren't going to air it as a standalone episode. So make alternative arrangements I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Love it.

Still strange that they tacked  BoP to this. It's a Harley Quinn movie and they could have used Ivy and Catwoman as the big side characters.

• Like 1

So...ummm..THIS happens during Crisis on Infinite Earths part 4...

1y3gyb7rkva41.png

p6wirqx1iva41.jpg

Regarding Crisis part 5, which I am watching right now:

The old man who asks for Flash and Supergirl's autographs is Marv Wolfman. If you don't know who that is, you've just lost your right to read comics uintil you go find out.

I'll probably go back and rewatch the whole thing through at some point but Crisis was a bit underwhelming because I had really high hopes. It's solid, around the same quality as the other crossovers. I liked the ending, though.

Edited by Ct1021

One thing I was disappointed about:

Obvious why, but wish they had used a different movie character for a cameo. The movies Flash sucks. He's a hyperactive idiot with a crappy costume.

One thing I'm glad about:

Now that Earth 2 seems to be the proper Earth 2, maybe we'll finally get a decent JSA rather than the beyond disappointing version that was on Legends, since they did show Hourman, Dr. Midnite, and someone else with Stargirl. Also, hopefully Jay is there. And we still haven't seen the female speedster he mentioned that he was training.

Edited by GhostMachine

5 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

One thing I was disappointed about:

Hide contents

Obvious why, but wish they had used a different movie character for a cameo. The movies Flash sucks. He's a hyperactive idiot with a crappy costume.

One thing I'm glad about:

Hide contents

Now that Earth 2 seems to be the proper Earth 2, maybe we'll finally get a decent JSA rather than the beyond disappointing version that was on Legends, since they did show Hourman, Dr. Midnite, and someone else with Stargirl. Also, hopefully Jay is there. And we still haven't seen the female speedster he mentioned that he was training.

Agreed about Flash but I kinda liked that because many fans, including me, wished Gustin played Flash in the movies and some DCEU connection was better than none IMO. I think the JSA will get the spotlight in the upcoming Stargirl series so they should be able to do it justice there. [/SPOILER]

I don't really know why I feel so let down. Is it really just that my expectations were too high? The crossover had stakes, impactful changes, it had a bunch of fun cameos and cool battles, etc. I think I'll like it more if I let it breathe/rewatch it down the road.

Edited by Ct1021

I also wish there had been a few more cameos. Lynda Carter, Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher have all appeared on Supergirl, and Helen Slater plays Kara's adoptive mother, so they could have probably gotten them to suit up.

Also...

I am glad we're getting a Superman and Lois series and a Stargirl series, but I couldn't care less about the Canaries series. Maybe if they hadn't returned to the future....

And I may be done with Legends once Brandon Routh leaves. Depends on who they add to the show. I know Ryan Choi took over as the Atom in ther comics, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will on Legends.

Think its safe to assume that Lucifer is probably still on its own Earth. Can't see a reason to put it on one with superheroes. Especially since its only going to have one more season.

Hopefully Black Lightning will get to do more during the next crossover, and his daughters will come along, also. But shouldn't all the shows being on one Earth interfere with the current storyline? The Malkovians shouldn't be as much of a threat now.

And Oliver can still come back if needed, due to the Spectre's nature.

Edited by GhostMachine

I absolutely loved Crisis. Awesome crossover, and very well done. Just the tiniest annoyance though.

Spoiler

Did anyone else feel they were just a bit heavyhanded with the 'Thank You Oliver Queen' bits? Like, it was one thing to reference it and to have the characters react. But then to have the President do a speech, have a moment of silence with all the characters watching, and then have the heroes do their own eulogies which were basically 'Thankyou Stephen' with cover......I don't know. It just seemed too much to me. Could have been dialled back a little.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ace said:

I absolutely loved Crisis. Awesome crossover, and very well done. Just the tiniest annoyance though.

Hide contents

Did anyone else feel they were just a bit heavyhanded with the 'Thank You Oliver Queen' bits? Like, it was one thing to reference it and to have the characters react. But then to have the President do a speech, have a moment of silence with all the characters watching, and then have the heroes do their own eulogies which were basically 'Thankyou Stephen' with cover......I don't know. It just seemed too much to me. Could have been dialled back a little.

I agree with you and I think it's a fair criticism. I think they went out of their way to pay tribute to the founder, of sorts, of the Arrowverse. They definitely need do do all of that and hammer it in so much. In a lot of ways, Crisis felt like it was really trying to be Avengers: Endgame, including the way it handled Oliver. But whereas Tony had the one scene and the ending of the movie, and we saw some fallout in Far From Home, Crisis' finale really went too far with it. It was overkill.

On 15/01/2020 at 19:29, Ace said:

Hide contents

I take it as a way to make sure that Oliver isn't just up and forgotten, and it redeemed his reputation. But it was a bit heavy-handed. Would also like to point out that this was the first time we've seen the new President since the corrupt one played by Bruce Boxleitner (probably sic) was taken down. They had been mentioned, but not shown.

I liked the status quo they set up for themselves at the end of Crisis but I definitely had to get through a lot of bad CGI fights and mawkish tributes to get there. I'm shockingly not sick of Legends of Tomorrow making the meta jokes about the crossover events, though, so that helped. A question that I'm almost certainly overthinking, because I haven't seen a full season of anything other than Legends S4 in a couple years:

Spoiler

In her speech, the President says that Green Arrow was the first superhero. But doesn't that, like... not track now that Supergirl and Black Lightning are part of the same world? Superman was active for years before Supergirl season 1 and I only watched the first three or four episodes, but wasn't the premise of Black Lighting that he was a superhero when he was younger and then he retired? Like, obviously I get what it means, Arrow was the first CW superhero show in this now-impossibly huge TV juggernaut, but still.

Some other vague thoughts from someone who's not current on any of these damn shows save Custodians of the Chronology:

- I quit Supergirl just before Jon Cryer's Lex showed up. He's pretty good at it, reasonably splitting the difference between the goofier Lex Luthors of the movies and the more serious Lex of the comics/animated shows.

- Ruby Rose's acting surpassed my expectations, she seemed much more comfortable than last year's crossover though there certainly wasn't anything that sold me on watching Batwoman. I'd maybe give a Supergirl/Batwoman version of World's Finest a shot, though.

- The Ezra Miller cameo was utterly superfluous but I didn't hate it, in part because I remember when someone asked him about the fact that he and Grant Gustin were both playing Barry Allen at the same time in different mediums years ago his response was basically an unprompted "yeah, it would be dope if we could do a crossover someday, The Flash does parallel universe stories all the time." Given that his own movie seems to be absolutely cursed I'm glad he's gotten to do something kind of fun.

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I liked the status quo they set up for themselves at the end of Crisis but I definitely had to get through a lot of bad CGI fights and mawkish tributes to get there. I'm shockingly not sick of Legends of Tomorrow making the meta jokes about the crossover events, though, so that helped. A question that I'm almost certainly overthinking, because I haven't seen a full season of anything other than Legends S4 in a couple years:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Technically since this whole world has been rewritten, I guess they can gloss over all that by saying that this new universe is built however Ollie imagined it? I dunno, maybe you're putting in more thought than the writers did. Maybe we'll get explanations during the next Black Lightning episode and when the new Superman show starts?

Also, just one more thought I had:

Spoiler

Since Brandon Routh's Superman still lives post-Crisis, I'm hoping they still bring him back every now and again after Ray leaves!

• Like 1