Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I had to force myself through the first season as it was so slow moving, though it did get interesting at the end. Still haven't found time for two and three though.

On a similar note I'm nearly through Legion finally, even though bits of season two were painful at times. Three has picked up though, and I'm glad I stick with it even if just for the Jemaine Clement/Jason Mantzoukas rap battle three episodes from the end...

Final thought, I've been rewatching the Marvel films on Disney+, and the bit in Avengers just as the helicarrier takes off for the first time made me really think that had it been made 20 years earlier Jeff Goldblum would've been a perfect Bruce Banner. Though they'd probably have cast Nicholas Cage as Thor and ruined it.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/04/2020 at 00:03, GoGo Yubari said:

Ben has watched it and doesn't like it. I'm not at the point of stay-at-home delirium where I actually try to catch up on Arrowverse, I think trying to watch the last five seasons of Survivor has won out on that battle.

Hey, I've kept with it since it's a part of the Arrowverse still, and to be honest, it's really improved. It's still not great, if you'd rather watch something else I'd say go with it, but I'm not actively hating it like I used to. It's turned into that TV show I watch while I work out or do something else, so I don't pay 100% attention to it.

The acting is still complete garbage, though. The guy who plays the dad isn't even cut out for Lifetime movies. 

• Like 1

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/481046-harley-quinn-episode-2-05-clip-targets-toxic-fanboys/amp

“Harley Quinn and her best friend Poison Ivy - SEE?! - ... aren’t in this episode which is about Batman coming out of his coma.”

On 06/05/2020 at 12:30, Benjamin said:

Oh my god this week’s Legends of Tomorrow. This show is fucking amazing. 

Nate...

"The dog is telling me to kill all of you!  Oh!  And he's making some really good points!"

• Haha 1

On 26/04/2020 at 17:03, GoGo Yubari said:

Ben has watched it and doesn't like it. I'm not at the point of stay-at-home delirium where I actually try to catch up on Arrowverse, I think trying to watch the last five seasons of Survivor has won out on that battle.

Yeah I've given up on it. I finished Arrow because it was an "I've started to I'll finish" and heard it didn't end a shit show, so I'm fine watching that, but Batwoman is just not gripping me at all, not even in the Supergirl style "it's overshadowed by Superman not appearing but at least it's different and trying" way. Shame, because Ruby Rose is decent in the role, but not charismatic enough to carry the show for me, and I'd really like to like it, but there's too much better TV out there.

On 09/05/2020 at 22:46, Benji said:

Yeah I've given up on it. I finished Arrow because it was an "I've started to I'll finish" and heard it didn't end a shit show, so I'm fine watching that, but Batwoman is just not gripping me at all, not even in the Supergirl style "it's overshadowed by Superman not appearing but at least it's different and trying" way. Shame, because Ruby Rose is decent in the role, but not charismatic enough to carry the show for me, and I'd really like to like it, but there's too much better TV out there.

I have basically waited for the UK to air Batwoman's episode as part of the crisis, then I'll likely dump it. 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

I have basically waited for the UK to air Batwoman's episode as part of the crisis, then I'll likely dump it. 

I wouldn't even bother watching the episodes before it. You can watch just the Crisis episode and miss nothing of value. I know from first hand experience because I watched Crisis in one sitting through other methods to avoid spoilers.

I love Micks daughter

After watching The Mandalorian and thinking it was reasonably good, is there anything similar in the Marvel universe? I'm looking for something that's on a smaller scale than epic fights to save the world. Is Agents of SHIELD like that?

Yes, though there are occasional epic fights to save the world. Or Daredevil or Jessica Jones (I've only seen early seasons of which, those are good) for smaller scale stuff. Or if you're talking Marvel generally (not MCU related) you've got Legion which is insane but hard going at times, or Runaways which was alright (I'm a bit behind).

Edited by Colly
  • Like 1

Batwoman sucks. I've been thinking about dropping it from the DVR and only watching when there's a crossover. 

And apparently the next crossover will be a two-parter between Batwoman and the new Superman and Lois show.

Am looking forward to Stargirl, but am not happy at all that the premise has most of the JSA dead. 

Oops put this in the wrong thread.

So, I watched the first two episodes of Doom Patrol and I wasn't really feeling it. It probably doesn't help that I'm currently reading the Grant Morrison run, but it just felt a bit bland and I wasn't hugely into their interpretation of it, nor into the visual style. That said, I'm conscious I could just be struggling to separate my preconceptions of it, is there a point where it picks up? I saw that they do the Underground episode, which is one of my favourite issues, but I get the feeling it might not be able to overcome my problems with it. Just interested to hear from people who have watched it.

Never really done much of the DC TV stuff, generally don't think it'd be for me. So, guess that's mentioning. 

@Benji there’s no way you tolerated it as long as I have, but Batwoman finally had an episode I enjoyed? Ep. 18 has a very fun plot and dynamic shift to it, and I’m about 5 minutes into episode 19 and it’s alright so far too. 

I would even say you skip all the way to Ep. 18 and you wouldn’t be that lost, everything that happened before is explained during the recap at the beginning of the episode and everything during is pretty self-explanatory, I reckon. 

Minimum screen time of the dad is a huge plus.