Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

THE BATMAN looks great. THE SUICIDE SQUAD, not so much. Joel Kinnaman has the charisma of a rock (not THE Rock), so i was hoping he wouldn't be back, and most of the new villains being used are meh. (Two of them I've never even heard of, but I haven't read comics regularlly in a while). If Margot Robbie, Idris Elba and John Cena weren't in it, I honestly wouldn't give a fuck.

Isn't that half the point, having a load of characters essentially new to a cinema audience and letting Gunn doing his own take unsullied by years of different Batmans, Supermans etc? Given the number of characters I'd imagine several won't last the film anyway. Granted if they kill off Peter Capaldi 5 minutes in I'd be less impressed, but it's certainly the DC film I'm looking forward to.

• Like 2

So ready for Batman. Holy shit that looked great. Pls no Joker tho. I still think Pattinson doesn't quite work as Bruce but he looks fantastic as Batman. 

Margot Robbie looks even better as Harley than she did in the first Suicide Squad. Can't wait for the merch. 

The Batman cast is phenomenal and the trailer is so hype! I did not know Colin Farrell was the Penguin even after watching it. I'm a massive fan of Pattinson and Dano, so this is so exciting! I always thought if they went down a more psychotic version of The Riddler then it could definitely work, kind of like Jigsaw in the Saw movies. If anybody can pull it off then it's Dano.

Count me so in!

5 hours ago, Colly said:

Isn't that half the point, having a load of characters essentially new to a cinema audience and letting Gunn doing his own take unsullied by years of different Batmans, Supermans etc? Given the number of characters I'd imagine several won't last the film anyway. Granted if they kill off Peter Capaldi 5 minutes in I'd be less impressed, but it's certainly the DC film I'm looking forward to.

By the same tolen, I hope they kill off Polka Dot Man 5 minutes into the moviel.....

10 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

By the same tolen, I hope they kill off Polka Dot Man 5 minutes into the moviel.....

Meanwhile, I hope Polka Dot Man become the Harley-esque  breakout character of the movie

I'll mirror that Pattison just doesn't work as Bruce Wayne at all for me, but it's a very damn good Batman to cancel that out.

And as much as I couldn't care less about the Suicide Squad - this is pretty much a gazillion times better than the original.

All in all a much better direction then they've had in years.

man, I just don't know if I can stomach another "billionaire Bruce Wayne decides cosplaying and beating up the mentally ill and poor will save his city more than his huge amount of wealth". It looks good, though. I'm here for Paul Dano chewing up the scenery like he always does, but like I said... "billionaire in a kevlar suit is our only hope" is getting a little bit old at this point.

Definitely intrigued by Suicide Squad and The Flash movie, though. I don't know about Michael Keaton's Batman being the one to give Barry Allen his new and improved suit, but that's just because it gives me Spider-Man/Iron Man vibes from over in the MCU.

1 minute ago, Colly said:

I'm now imagining a Batman movie where the supervillains decide not to blow up Gotham because Bruce Wayne has paid a bit more tax. :shifty:

Nah, people like Joker or Scarecrow wouldn't care all that much, because they have crippling mental disorders (but are also mass murderers and have a high recidivism rate). But the street level thugs would benefit from Bruce Wayne paying a higher tax rate, and thus most villains wouldn't have AS LARGE of a crew (but they'd still have a crew nonetheless, because ultimately this is fiction and low-level antagonists are needed).

Margot Robbie cast as Harley Quinn was such an exceptional choice, and that teaser has sold the second Suicide Squad to me despite being disappointed in the first one, altho I dont think it was as bad as alot of critics said.

New batman looks really good, wasnt sure on the casting of Pattinson at first, but very willing to give it a chance and im sure itll turn out like a good choice. Dano as the Riddler is another great choice, when I thought of Dano in that role, it just fit so well imo. Farrell as Penguin seems a strange choice, but thats probably due to me being brought up on Danny DeVito in that role, and Farrell is a slightly different choice to him :D

All in all, im looking forward to both, and need to catch the other teasers/trailers mentioned by others

15 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

THE BATMAN looks great. THE SUICIDE SQUAD, not so much. Joel Kinnaman has the charisma of a rock (not THE Rock), so i was hoping he wouldn't be back, and most of the new villains being used are meh. (Two of them I've never even heard of, but I haven't read comics regularlly in a while). If Margot Robbie, Idris Elba and John Cena weren't in it, I honestly wouldn't give a fuck.

I feel Kinnaman is a really good actor, but the casting as Rick Flagg is just an extremely poor one that doesn't fit him at all, and he just looks like a bland meathead.

He just doesn't work as the ultra generic square jawed soldier man.

Gotham is corrupt on a near supernatural level. No amount of Bruce money is going to fix it. It's infested with the mob, serial killers, manipulative shadow organizations and actual monsters.  It's like old Vegas on allllllllll the steroids.  The " Batman should use his money instead of beating up the poor muggers and rapists!" Is such a bad take I'm so tired of seeing.

Anyone who actually pays attention to Batman media knows that Bruce does also use his money that way and 90% of the time it's a waste thrown back in his faceand undone right away. The city is sick and shit needs to be ripped out to fix it and Batman is the only one who will do it because the Police are constantly infiltrated by the various crime factions to the point that there are only 3 trustworthy law enforcement officers in the whole thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Gotham is corrupt on a near supernatural level. No amount of Bruce money is going to fix it. It's infested with the mob, serial killers, manipulative shadow organizations and actual monsters.  It's like old Vegas on allllllllll the steroids.  The " Batman should use his money instead of beating up the poor muggers and rapists!" Is such a bad take I'm so tired of seeing.

Anyone who actually pays attention to Batman media knows that Bruce does also use his money that way and 90% of the time it's a waste thrown back in his faceand undone right away. The city is sick and shit needs to be ripped out to fix it and Batman is the only one who will do it because the Police are constantly infiltrated by the various crime factions to the point that there are only 3 trustworthy law enforcement officers in the whole thing.

It's almost as if its needs re-building from the ground up.... a bit like Ra's Al-Ghul's plan in Batman Begins... :ph34r:

On 23/08/2020 at 13:28, tristy said:

man, I just don't know if I can stomach another "billionaire Bruce Wayne decides cosplaying and beating up the mentally ill and poor will save his city more than his huge amount of wealth". It looks good, though. I'm here for Paul Dano chewing up the scenery like he always does, but like I said... "billionaire in a kevlar suit is our only hope" is getting a little bit old at this point.

Definitely intrigued by Suicide Squad and The Flash movie, though. I don't know about Michael Keaton's Batman being the one to give Barry Allen his new and improved suit, but that's just because it gives me Spider-Man/Iron Man vibes from over in the MCU.

It seems the movie may be embracing your point and making it part of the story.