Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Boys 2x8

Spoiler

I love that they made reference to comic Stormfront's death. I knew they weren't gonna have three dudes stomp her to death on the show like dude Stormfront got but seeing the women all stomping on her was amazing and kinda hilarious.

Steadily catching up on Post-Crisis Arrowverse. Gotta say, after the odd episode to recalibrate to all the changes, I think its been a wonderful breath of fresh air - particularly in both Legends and Supergirl. 

Just on the Lex-centric episode in Supergirl and its fantastic. Jon Cryer is so good in the role. 

3 hours ago, DFF said:

Steadily catching up on Post-Crisis Arrowverse. Gotta say, after the odd episode to recalibrate to all the changes, I think its been a wonderful breath of fresh air - particularly in both Legends and Supergirl. 

Just on the Lex-centric episode in Supergirl and its fantastic. Jon Cryer is so good in the role. 

I was really tempted to get back into Supergirl because I liked the status quo they'd set up. Also I was almost disappointed that they more or less undid the status quo the Legends had set up immediately post-Crisis, I loved that hot second where they were suddenly the biggest superheroes in the world.

The home stretch of this season of Legends is real good. The.. I think it's the second-to-last episode of the season where they do the biggest shift in format since "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" is wonderful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I was really tempted to get back into Supergirl because I liked the status quo they'd set up. Also I was almost disappointed that they more or less undid the status quo the Legends had set up immediately post-Crisis, I loved that hot second where they were suddenly the biggest superheroes in the world.

The home stretch of this season of Legends is real good. The.. I think it's the second-to-last episode of the season where they do the biggest shift in format since "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" is wonderful.

Seriously, Supergirl post-crisis is the biggest upswing in interesting plot since Legends 1 -> 2  imo. 

Supergirl and LoT are the only two DC shows still worth watching, IMO. I just dont have time and had to drop the rest except the Flash, which is just the central show so it’s the one you kind of need to follow for crossovers. It’s so bad compared to the other two, though.

It feels weird that he's reshooting parts with Affleck. That means there are two entirely different live action movie versions of Batman being filmed at the same time.

I have no clue when The Flash is filming, but if it's next year, and The Batman still is, and the Justice League is still doing re-shoots... then that's three versions of Batman (if Keaton coming back is true).

It's still amazing to me that DC's approach is was just throw as much shit at the wall at one time as possible.  Then double down on making it a more convoluted mess.  And then it was "Oh no that went poorly we have to restart totally BUT WAIT let's also keep the stuff that didn't work going, just in case it starts to work!"

DC: Enjoy our interconnected cinematic universe that is only interconnected when it's successful, otherwise these things exist as their own separate entities.  But if they start being successful on their own we're gonna work em back in!

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Shazam movie not do good? Every discount store I go to is piled up with the toys.