Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm catching up on my X-Men films (watching them in a slightly altered order to release date) and I'm surprised how much I actually enjoyed Wolverine Origins and Wolverine. If you take the absolute trainwreck of Deadpool's characterisation out of the equation, Origins isn't that bad at all.

Just finished First Class and I couldn't help but laugh at Fassbender completely losing his accent in the final third and speaking pure Irish.

On 28/07/2014 at 15:05, apsham said:

I feel like a Deadpool movie requires a bigger budget than returns would warrant.

Was re-reading this topic for some reason and...man @apsham, turns out the result was the complete opposite of what you thought!

2 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I'm guessing I should see the first movie first?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(I mean, you might as well. You might like it, actually! But I wouldn't be shocked if these two movies weren't that closely connected, only like four characters are back from it.)

1 hour ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Holy shit, that cast.

I'm guessing I should see the first movie first?

How much do you love Rick Flagg?

1 hour ago, Tigerstyle said:

I like that Nathan Fillion gets a role, I love that guy, I was really hoping he’d land Beta Ray Bill or Nova or something, but I guess he’s a little too close to a Chris Pratt

There were some mock posters made that were originally supposed to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 featuring Nathan Fillion as Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man. But they ended up not being used. (The posters were of movies featuring Simon as an actor, NOT as Wonder Man.)

https://www.cbr.com/gotg-vol-2-nathan-fillion-wonder-man/

Apparently its going to be released in four 1 hour increments. 

THE BATMAN looks great. THE SUICIDE SQUAD, not so much. Joel Kinnaman has the charisma of a rock (not THE Rock), so i was hoping he wouldn't be back, and most of the new villains being used are meh. (Two of them I've never even heard of, but I haven't read comics regularlly in a while). If Margot Robbie, Idris Elba and John Cena weren't in it, I honestly wouldn't give a fuck.