Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sucks is, I can't watch HBO Max. Having Xfinity, we get Peacock free and are supposed to get HBO Max also (using our Xfinity account log-in), but I have a Kindle and there's no deal with Amazon yet. I *could* allow third party access and go about it that way, but I'm not sure I want to do so.

On the Batwoman casting, a big thumbs up. I watched God Friended Me, the show she used to be on (and that the actress who played Jesse Quick on The Flash was on), and wish it had not been cancelled. This lessens the sting a little, and I might keep watching Batwoman. I almost dropped it before Ruby Rose leaving was announced, and I did not like most of the casting rumors. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well the latest New Mutants trailer makes it look much more interesting than any of the previous trailer did, I'll give it that.  It was a low bar though.

Caught up on Stargirl today. I like it! The first couple episodes are almost unbearably corny but once it gets past that it's a fun teen hero show.

• Like 1

I've finally started Titans and I'm enjoying it. It's not as easy to digest as the CW DC shoes, but I think I prefer it over Supergirl and a lot of Arrow. Casting is great and I'm looking forward to finishing the first season and seeing all the new additions to the cast.

It's all gonna get absorbed by HBO Max at some point.  WB can only make puzzling decisions about their superhero properties.

Kind of wish they had gone straight to HBO Max for Stargirl rather than putting it on The CW. I feel like the end result of that move is gonna be moving the show to Vancouver, cutting its budget in half, and Luke Wilson being written out a la Calista Flockhart in Supergirl.

3 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Kind of wish they had gone straight to HBO Max for Stargirl rather than putting it on The CW. I feel like the end result of that move is gonna be moving the show to Vancouver, cutting its budget in half, and Luke Wilson being written out a la Calista Flockhart in Supergirl.

A few CW shows film in Georgia, like Black Lighting

• Like 1

What I hate is that Comcast is supposed to be giving us HBO Max since we have the HBO package. (Log in to Max with your Comcast account) But HBO Max is not available to my Kindle yet, due to lack of a deal with Amazon.

I'm also going to be disappointed if Diggle doesn't pop up on SUPERMAN AND LOIS, due to what Diggle said about moving to Metropolis at the end of ARROW. But I bet he'll end up on the Max Green Lantern series, if he's used at all.

Spoiler for this weeks Stargirl

Man, as Pat was walking up to Courtneys dad, I'm just thinking 'Go ahead Pat...slug him!"  then after some words Pat knocks him out!  Was literally a 'Hell Yea!' moment for me!

15 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Umbrella Academy is so good.

Annoyed that The Boys is being released weekly though.

I just finished season 2 last night. SOOOO GOOD. I don't wanna wait a year for the next one :(

Boys is weekly? Boo! But I guess it'll help stretch it out instead of me just blasting through all of it in 3 days. 

1 hour ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I just finished season 2 last night. SOOOO GOOD. I don't wanna wait a year for the next one :(

Boys is weekly? Boo! But I guess it'll help stretch it out instead of me just blasting through all of it in 3 days. 

I only found out about it yesterday, which was lame. But I’m watching Penny Dreadful LA atm which will tick along.

I want more Umbrella Academy all the time. I hate it that I can’t just magically watch every tv show ever made (and not made yet) to completion at all times.