Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Production on The Batman has shut down after Robert Pattinson tested positive for COVID-19

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have asked before but has a reason been said why they changed the iconic purple-green-red color scheme of The Joker for "Joker"?

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

I might have asked before but has a reason been said why they changed the iconic purple-green-red color scheme of The Joker for "Joker"?

Maybe because that Joker isn't the traditional "Joker"?  The Jokers origin is heavily tied to Batman, so to have 'The Joker' around pre-Batman doesn't make sense

I figured a lot of it had to do with matching the aesthetic of the time period they were going for. This talks about a lot of the moods that the film was going for too, and while it doesn't talk about the Joker's colour change specifically - it's a pretty good indication that the muted colours were all a part of the overall vision of the film.

• 3 weeks later...

Man Amazon didn't wuss out nearly as much on The Boys as I thought they would.

32 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Has anyone watched Amazon's The Boys?

Season 1 was really good. It's a bit jarring if you're expecting traditional superhero fare, but it's a really unique look at the idea of heroes as celebrities, used by the government and flawed as individuals.

It's essentially the story of a government sanctioned group of asshole superheroes that adds a new and naive member to the team... while simultaneously, there's a group being put together by Karl Urban to try and take them out.

I haven't started season 2 yet because I want to wait it out so that we can binge through it. Season 1 didn't take us very long to go through because it kept us hooked. I'm expecting the same for season 2.

EDIT: I forgot to note that Urban's group is non-powered.

Edited by Gabriel

1 minute ago, Gabriel said:

Season 1 was really good. It's a bit jarring if you're expecting traditional superhero fare, but it's a really unique look at the idea of heroes as celebrities, used by the government and flawed as individuals.

It's essentially the story of a government sanctioned group of asshole superheroes that adds a new and naive member to the team... while simultaneously, there's a group being put together by Karl Urban to try and take them out.

I haven't started season 2 yet because I want to wait it out so that we can binge through it. Season 1 didn't take us very long to go through because it kept us hooked. I'm expecting the same for season 2.

Awesome, thanks for the review - I'm definitely into that idea so I'll definitely watch it! 

On 01/10/2020 at 14:23, Colly said:

Jamie Foxx is going to play Electro in the next Spiderman. Kerazy.

Now there is talk of Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield joining the cast as well. 

Following Dune moving to late 2021, The Batman has been moved to March 4th, 2022.

Other DC news:

• The Flash delayed to November 4, 2022
  • Shazam! 2 delayed to June 2, 2023
  • Black Adam has been removed from the calendar in search of a new date
Edited by tristy