Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hartley Sawyer’s gone from The Flash. Previous homophobic, racist and sexist tweets surfaced and he deleted his Twitter. He’s since issued an apology on his Instagram. 

17 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Hartley Sawyer’s gone from The Flash. Previous homophobic, racist and sexist tweets surfaced and he deleted his Twitter. He’s since issued an apology on his Instagram. 

He was the best thing about the show this far in, but also I don't like homophobes, sexists or racists. This is a net win and it's one I'd pick every time, but for my love of the show it's a real blow.

6 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Definitely deserved the axe for that garbage. 

Wonder if they'll recast the character or just get rid of Ralph? (ie he suddenly left with Sue, never to return.) 

Well one of his powers is shapeshifting.  They could just write in a reason he needs a new identify

16 minutes ago, Lint said:

Well one of his powers is shapeshifting.  They could just write in a reason he needs a new identify

"We appreciate you taking the fall for the murder as Ralph, Elongated Man. Here are the documents for your new secret identity...Seymour Bindy!"

nolid95dos351.jpg

So Chyler Leigh from Supergirl apparently came out as...something?  Basically she hasn't defined what she is, aside from "not straight".  She said she kind of realized it when her character Alex came out in season 2.

• Like 1

So it came to my attention a while back that there's a bit in The Crow movie that I've always looked at one way that some others apparently don't.

In the final fight on the roof Top Dollar kneels down and tells Eric that he ordered the attack on Shelly and Eric's building then Eric suddenly not dying anymore grabs him and with his empathic touch forces all of Shelly's pain onto him all at once and he falls off and gets impaled.

I've always seen that scene as Eric getting his powers back in that moment because Top implicated himself and made himself part of Eric's revenge.

Yeah? Cause if that's not it then what even is the point of him telling that? Eric already had reason to want him dead, because he kidnapped  Sarah.

Knowing the bits and bobs about the comic and cut content I do now I'm even more sure that's it because there's a whole cut out bit about his powers not working when he strays from revenge. When Sarah's mom cuts him in the bathroom. That's why he has tape on his hand after. She wasn't part of it so no healing.

21 hours ago, =BK= said:

So it came to my attention a while back that there's a bit in The Crow movie that I've always looked at one way that some others apparently don't.

In the final fight on the roof Top Dollar kneels down and tells Eric that he ordered the attack on Shelly and Eric's building then Eric suddenly not dying anymore grabs him and with his empathic touch forces all of Shelly's pain onto him all at once and he falls off and gets impaled.

I've always seen that scene as Eric getting his powers back in that moment because Top implicated himself and made himself part of Eric's revenge.

Yeah? Cause if that's not it then what even is the point of him telling that? Eric already had reason to want him dead, because he kidnapped  Sarah.

Knowing the bits and bobs about the comic and cut content I do now I'm even more sure that's it because there's a whole cut out bit about his powers not working when he strays from revenge. When Sarah's mom cuts him in the bathroom. That's why he has tape on his hand after. She wasn't part of it so no healing.

But the pawn shop broker wasn't involved either and Eric healed after taking shotgun blasts to the chest.  He might've bought the ring, but a good shady pawn broker like him wouldn't ask questions where it came from.

Isn't the popular theory that "draining" the morphine from Darla took a lot of his power?  It wasn't an, I dunno, 'expected' use of it so he was weaker afterwards

Attacking Gideon was still part of Eric's pursuit for revenge because he was doing it for information and names. All he had previously was visions of faces. Expelling the Morphine from Darla was purely an act to try and help Sarah have a better life.

I think cutting the Skull Cowboy character helped the beginning of the movie because I can't imagine him playing well in that scene but him not being around to explain some things hurts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished S2 of Harley Quinn and loved it, but thought it was a little decline from S1

Stargirl has been renewed for S2, and will be moved to The CW completely, removed from the DC app

Finally watched Deadpool 2 and it made Singer’s X-Verse look even more shitty than it already did.  I can’t believe they wasted so many movies on that crap when  far more talented directors and VFX teams were out there.