Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

If you want to see the full crossover, you'll have to subscribe to HBO Max besides Netflix. Because Batwoman isn't going to Netflix. Instead, its going to HBO Max.

Otherwise, you'll have to get Arrow season 8 or the complete series on DVD or Blu-Ray. They're including all parts of CRISIS with those.

The next season of Supergirl may be delayed, because Melissa Benoist is pregnant. She's married to Chris Wood, who played Mon-El on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jei969i3kbn41.jpg

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Something about the way Batwoman's pilot is shot is incredibly off-putting. Hope it gets changed for the main series.

Wait, is he leaving or is the show ending? Cause that could read either way.

He's leaving...or rather, he was made to leave.  Written off the show

There's going to be a Superman and Lois show, but unfortunately its the ones that were on Supergirl. Brandon Routh's Superman was shown as surviving at the end of Crisis, and Courtney Ford would make a good Lois. So I wish they had gone that route, instead.

Yea, the writers say they felt his story came to an end

Fan theory is he was one of the more expensive cast members so he got sacrificed to the god of low budgets

• Like 1

Ah, I thought maybe there'd been some big blow up. To be fair his character has been treading water for a while, as far as disposable characters he was at that point if they weren't going to do anything new with him. Shame though, I love Brandon.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the DC Universe free trial to watch Harley Quinn. I am not disappointed. It's fucking great. Also, fuck! DC Universe has Static Shock on it!

On 4/10/2020 at 2:15 AM, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Got the DC Universe free trial to watch Harley Quinn. I am not disappointed. It's fucking great. Also, fuck! DC Universe has Static Shock on it!

Holy shit. The Queen of Fables in Harley Quinn.

Spoiler

She murders.. er, well, conjures the Big Bad Wolf to murder.. an entire family reunion because one guy saw Harley's crew trying to pull off a heist. 

Led to a great piece of dialogue by Clayface, though. 

[Clayface pulls his eyes out after seeing the carnage]
"Welp, won't be needing these anymore!"

🤣

This show is great.

20 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Holy shit. The Queen of Fables in Harley Quinn.

Reveal hidden contents

This show is great.

I didn't want to get DCU to watch this, then found I could buy S1 on Youtube, so I did and I don't regret it at all.  It was great, laughed my ass off as I watched all of S1

• Like 1

So is Harley Quinn based in the Nolan-verse?  They talk about Bane blowing up the stadium, and the voice for him is based off the one Tom Hardy used

On 16/04/2020 at 08:00, Lint said:

So is Harley Quinn based in the Nolan-verse?  They talk about Bane blowing up the stadium, and the voice for him is based off the one Tom Hardy used

I would assume Nolan-adjacent, rather than Nolan-verse itself. Multiverses and all that.

• Like 1

Anyone else watching Batwoman? I'm watching the first few episodes but not feeling particularly enamoured and wondering if it gets better over time. It's not bad, just sort of feels a bit average and generic with the amount of superhero stuff out there these days.

Ben has watched it and doesn't like it. I'm not at the point of stay-at-home delirium where I actually try to catch up on Arrowverse, I think trying to watch the last five seasons of Survivor has won out on that battle.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I've started reading Runaways, which is fantastic. It's making me slightly tempted, against my better judgement, to try the TV show. It's not good, right? Someone warn me away from even bothering. 

I've heard the TV show is fine and maybe even had its best season right before the mass cancellation/ending of anything that wasn't a Disney+ show. It started up around the time I had hit peak "I can't watch all these shows, what the fuck am I doing?" so I never gave it a shot.

Enjoy the book, though! I love BKV's initial stuff, of course, and also the current run on the comic by Rainbow Rowell.