Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I found AS2 to be decent and fun, if quite flawed. All the principle actors/actresses were pretty good too.

I'll put the rest of my thoughts in spoilers:

I think they tried to shoe-horn too much stuff into the film and thats where it fell down. I liked the

idea of Electro, and thought Jamie Foxx was good in the role, but I think they backed themselves into a hole a bit with how powerful he ended up being.

I think there are two ways they could have gone to make it all play out better:

1 Leave a full powered Electro for a future film.

Put more emphasis on Harrys return, and let him and Peter spend more time together. In AS2 theres not enough interaction for us to care that much when Harry flips and goes rogue. Also, why not intersperse these with scenes of Spidey taking down petty crooks (a la Kick Ass, minus the ineptitude), where the segments are there to show off some cool stunts and give a bit of back ground to how often Peter goes out at day/night and does his thing. Maybe have him get a few minor scrapes on the way to show that he is still human, and have Gwen worry about him a bit. It would have given more time to flesh out their on-and-off again relationship (which felt rushed in the film). Have Rhino in it a little more maybe some back ground on a job hes planning to do (or even just tell us why he was stealing the Plutonium etc/have some interactions with the shady dude). 2nd half of the film plays out like Harrys stuff in the actual film, but with more time dedicated to it. Id possibly even have the final fight as Oscorp, and in the melee have a pre-Electro Max Dillon fall into the vat, seemingly killing him. Rest of the ending plays out like before, then have a post-credit sequence showing someone retrieving the now-Electros body and bam, theres a future villain in either AS3 or 4.

2 Leave Harry mostly in the background/save Goblin for AS3.

Cut some of the chaff from the beginning of what actually happened in AS2 maybe shorten the opening sequence, but keep Spidey saving Dillon. Have the background news story be the deteriorating health of Norman (don't kill him off yet), which prompts Harry to return. Give Harry a few short, key scenes that only take up about 10-15 mins screen time. Use these to simply to introduce the character, show that hes an old friend of Peters etc. Also, make a point of have him meet Gwen whilst with Peter. Rest of the film is dedicated to Electro in a similar vein to AS2. Have less of the on-and-off again scenario with Gwen maybe just have them be distanced for part of the film, with them reuniting for the finale. Final scenes show the passing of Norman, and Harry revealed to be dying of the same illness, as well as hinting that he need Spideys blood to survive. Gwen survives until AS3. AS3 is Harry-centric, and you have some character building between him and Peter only for so far in it is revealed that Harry is using him to get to Spidey and then you run the rest of the plot from actual AS2, with Gwen written out et al. Mary Jane would be put be given a small role.

So, basically, the issues with ASM2 are the same ones that plagued Spider-Man 3 and caused the reboot in the first place?

Way to go, Sony.

It was handled better than Spider-Man 3 imo.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first ever film built entirely upon cameos. Each cameo just leads to more cameos. And every cameo features an easter egg. There'll be sixteen post credit scenes, followed by a post credit film. Made up entirely of post-credit scenes. Which all feature new cameos.

I'd watch.

I like Cyborg. Live action Cyborg will be cool.

I watched Constantine last night for the first time in ages. Was there a reason it didn't get a second film? First one is pretty good, it has a fairly noteworthy cast and there seems to be hints at a follow up.

I would imagine the rage at it being so different than the comics. That and it might not have done well enough to get a 2nd.

I would imagine the rage at it being so different than the comics. That and it might not have done well enough to get a 2nd.

From what I remember, I believe it was a combination of the fans outrage at all of the changes, and the fact that the movie didn't exactly stand out in a landscape that included Underworld and dozens of clones.

Personally, I enjoyed it. I like Keanu, and I felt like it was a fun movie. Gavin Rossdale was awesome and the visuals were pretty sweet. I felt like it should have had a sequel, but I understand why it didn't.

It didn't get a sequel because it didn't make enough money to warrant green lighting one. That's it. Studios couldn't care less about comic book fan outrage because it still represents a small portion of the movie-going audience.

The only awesome thing in Underworld is Kate Beckinsale's attire. The rest is middling at best.

Also I'm not entirely how you think the new show is going to be better when there's only been what, one picture from it? :P

• Like 1

Kate Beckinsale in said attire is also awesome, and the sole reason I sat through about 67 Underworld movies.

And have watched Click. A LOT.

While the first Underworld wasn't too bad, the sequels were kinda bad...I did like the 4th one though

Also

underworld.jpg

:pervert:

Also, what I had last heard is with a Justice League movie, they wanted to do the opposite of what Marvel did with The Avengers. Get everyone in a JL movie, then spin off into their own movies

That being said, I dunno how long Affleck would be around to play Batman since he's already 41. Probably be around 50 by the time a JL or separate Batman movie came out

• Like 1

Kate Beckinsale in said attire is also awesome, and the sole reason I sat through about 67 Underworld movies.

And have watched Click. A LOT.

While the first Underworld wasn't too bad, the sequels were kinda bad...I did like the 4th one though

:pervert:

Also, what I had last heard is with a Justice League movie, they wanted to do the opposite of what Marvel did with The Avengers. Get everyone in a JL movie, then spin off into their own movies

That being said, I dunno how long Affleck would be around to play Batman since he's already 41. Probably be around 50 by the time a JL or separate Batman movie came out

About that...