Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Yeah that'd be great way to bring back Hulk solo. Especially since Guardians will be introducing cosmic stuff, the idea of Hulk being blasted onto an Alien world doesnt seem so crazy.

There needs to be build-up though. Hulk would have to do some major destroying of things, possibly even seriously hurt or kill someone by accident, to deserve the blasting into space. The build would take a whole film, then Planet Hulk would take a whole film, and World War Hulk would need a film as well.

They would have to either do a solo sequel first to establish the story, or make it a side-plot to Age of Ultron or possibly a Phase 3 solo film.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the MCU is more grounded than the comics, so whilst in the comics Samuel Stern became The Leader, in the MCU, he probably just died of radiation poisoning.

I'm pretty okay with The Leader never being in the films. As far as villains for a Hulk film go, he's not that interesting. Wouldn't hurt to have him show up in SHIELD, though.

No he was most certainly becoming the Leader in the movie, growth of skull, etc.

But yes, maybe a shield villian. Then again, he often used others to his own uses. I think the real reason is that just like loki to Thor, using cunning and mind control, the hulk and leader have the exact same brawn vs intellect dichotomy.

And lets face it, people like Loki. So it may be more about tickets than plots.

ALSO ALSO ALSO, in Guardians news, at the St. Louis Comi-Con Nathan Fillion teased that he might have a small part in the film.

• Like 5

Reviews coming in for Amazing Spider-Man are all pretty meh. Not so surprising, it's looked a bit weak since announcement, but I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. It's a shame Sony won't ever let the license fall back to Marvel, because being part of an extended universe could be the shot in the arm that the Spider-Man franchise needs. I'm not sure expanding this Spidey universe is going to really do it when the weakest part of it is how boring the world building has been. Unless this next film really expands on the variety of what we can expect to see in future, I'm not sure I care all that much. Oscorp and it's variety pack of whacky man-animal hybrids isn't really doing it for me. And I'm not sure the extended Spider-Man rogues gallery is really worth exploring that much.

Maybe that's just me, though. Considering people seem to get psyched over the idea of Mysterio getting a film!

I can't wait for Amazing Spider-Man 3, featuring Kraven The Hunter and The Vulture!

I wouldn't really consider 82% on RT as "meh" but that reaction isn't that surprising. Not because it looks bad (it doesn't) but because I feel like people already decided that it wasn't going to be any good before seeing it. Overexposure doesn't help but still.

And I disagree about the world-building and how effective it will be going forward but then again, I greatly prefer The Amazing Spider-Man than any of the Raimi films so what do I know?

• Like 1

There are a lot of fans that have been talking about how Marvel and Sony/Fox should team up to allow a larger shared universe... which, in theory, is the dream, right? I mean, all Marvel characters existing together within one defined Film/TV continuity. Sounds awesome.

But what people aren't talking about, is what happens when Sony or Fox inevitably throws a temper tantrum about the way their characters are being used, or worse yet, does something on their own that totally fucks up the entire MCU continuity. There are way too many variables and egos involved for Spider-Man, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to exist within the MCU, unless Marvel and Disney can somehow buy back the rights to these characters themselves.

There's speculation that they'll sell the rights back to Disney after they finish with this run of films. Take a big payday instead of waiting a few years to reboot everything again.

I don't see a danger in anything that Fox/Sony does - in regards to hurting the Disney Marvel world. When it comes back to Disney, and it will eventually - they'll use those characters in new ways with new actors and it'll be awesome.

It's a blessing in disguise really - they have time to build up a fantastic universe without feeling the pressure to place characters as famous as the X-Men, Spiderman and the F4 into the mix right away.

Have to say I wouldn't want to be the guy to take over from Hugh Jackman after 8 films or whatever.

In fact it'll be interesting to see how recasting goes at all if they're aiming to keep this a continuing 'universe', the Hulk movies only just count and Rhodes was a minor character in IM1, when a Downey Jnr or L Jackson step down it could be fun.

Reviews coming in for Amazing Spider-Man are all pretty meh. Not so surprising, it's looked a bit weak since announcement, but I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. It's a shame Sony won't ever let the license fall back to Marvel, because being part of an extended universe could be the shot in the arm that the Spider-Man franchise needs. I'm not sure expanding this Spidey universe is going to really do it when the weakest part of it is how boring the world building has been. Unless this next film really expands on the variety of what we can expect to see in future, I'm not sure I care all that much. Oscorp and it's variety pack of whacky man-animal hybrids isn't really doing it for me. And I'm not sure the extended Spider-Man rogues gallery is really worth exploring that much.

Maybe that's just me, though. Considering people seem to get psyched over the idea of Mysterio getting a film!

I can't wait for Amazing Spider-Man 3, featuring Kraven The Hunter and The Vulture!

I want a movie with Carnage, dammit.

• Like 2

I'd hate that. Venom was bad enough, Carnage would have to be toned down even more for a mainstream Spidey film. They're not going to go past PG-13 with the main Spider-Man movies. If the Venom movie ever happens I could see that being R-rated, leading to precedent for a Venom/Carnage film or a standalone Carnage film, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Yeah, I know. I told my brother the same thing, if they did Carnage, it'd need to be R. A Spidey/Venom team-up to defeat him would be awesome, though.

I'm just not at into the 'big' heroes like Spidey and Superman now, though. Every Spidey reboot is the same thing, and the only Superman movie that would interest me would be Death of Superman.

On a side note, I re-watched the first X-Men movie the other day, and I'd forgotten how horrible it was. It did kick my nerd rage into high gear, since Jubilee is not full Korean, dammit!, and also everything they did with Rogue is wrong...Jubilee should be Wolverine's friend, and Iceman sucks...

I just really like Jubilee. She's my favorite mutant.