Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Well, yeah, it's because it was a pretty bad ass name. Can't exactly title it Captain America: Kind Of Like A Spy Movie, right? It's not like the second Thor was about any planet in the dark, either.

Could've just gone with Captain America 2.

If the next Cap film is him looking for Bucky, then that should've had the Winter Soldier name.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concept Art of Bradley Cooper as Eric Draven before they got Luke Evans for the new Crow movie. Spoilered for size.

1thecrow111211.jpg

6thecrow111211.jpg

More behind the link.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/27219/

Doing Marvel Cinematic Universe Trivia tonight and I need a great team name.

So far I've got:

Hawkguy

Aw, Quiz

Hail Hydra

You won't like me when I'm Ang Lee

Give me more!

You know, the more I think about the rich history of Thor in the comics and the ridiculous amount of material you can draw from all of the Norse myths, holy shit Thor: The Dark World was a waste of a fucking film.

I think the worst thing about it is the set up for more stories about Thor on Earth. I get that he needs to be around for the next few Avengers films, but man, such a waste of a character. There's so many worlds and amazing characters to play with and all they want to do is have him crush on Jane Foster.

Definitely the worst entry in the MCU yet. And yes, I'm counting Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2.

I think that if Guardians does well in a completely off-Earth film, that it will open the doors for future Thor films that don't even touch his relationship with our planet.

One that I'd love to see is Thor teaming with Beta Ray Bill to help him save his people.

• Like 1

You know, the more I think about the rich history of Thor in the comics and the ridiculous amount of material you can draw from all of the Norse myths, holy shit Thor: The Dark World was a waste of a fucking film.

I think the worst thing about it is the set up for more stories about Thor on Earth. I get that he needs to be around for the next few Avengers films, but man, such a waste of a character. There's so many worlds and amazing characters to play with and all they want to do is have him crush on Jane Foster.

Definitely the worst entry in the MCU yet. And yes, I'm counting Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2.

It never ceases to amaze me how similar our tastes in TV are, yet we're so far apart with films. Thor 2 is great and better than the first. And certainly better than Incredible Hulk.

It's a real Romeo and Juliet story with us, Livid. :crying:

I couldn't disagree more, I always thought the first Thor was one of the strongest entries in the MCU. Until Winter Soldier I'd probably say it was the best single hero film.

No way is The Dark World better than the first Thor, IMO. The first Thor focus was Thor, his rebellious relationship with his father and how he had to become accustomed to Earth. The Dark World basically saw how popular Loki was to the masses and decided to make him a sidekick for Thor, and throw in what might be the weakest villain of the MCU (debatable between that guy and Rourke in Iron Man 2). Thor was my favorite MCU film until Winter Soldier came around.

You Won't Like Me When I'm Ang Lee got a round of applause. Then I got pretty wrecked in the trivia game itself. A round on Thanos will do that.

• Like 1

I loved Thor 2, even if it was just a vehicle for Hiddleston more than anything else. It was fun, and it was about the characters and their relationships, which is what Marvel do well. The last thing Marvel needs to do at this stage is alienate people by introducing more characters, more worlds, and more concepts than absolutely necessary - we're already being asked to follow enough different plotlines to understand whatever's going to be going on in Avengers 2 as it is.

• Like 1

I loved Thor 2, even if it was just a vehicle for Hiddleston more than anything else. It was fun, and it was about the characters and their relationships, which is what Marvel do well. The last thing Marvel needs to do at this stage is alienate people by introducing more characters, more worlds, and more concepts than absolutely necessary - we're already being asked to follow enough different plotlines to understand whatever's going to be going on in Avengers 2 as it is.

That's not the problem, it was nothing but a vehicle for Hiddleston. Which would be fine, if it weren't for Thor having one of the more interesting rouge galleries in Marvel. So blowing a whole film on a villain they never bother to do anything with, then shoe-horning Jane Foster into a central role to give her a reason to be around at all... I found that super disappointing.

No one's asking that they introduce any more characters, I just wish they'd written a better villain and actually focused on it. Hell, don't introduce new characters, just actually use the interesting ones you have. Lady Sif gets about 30 seconds of screen time, for a film that promised to explore more of Asgard, it hardly delivered on that front. And what, no one can introduce new plot lines in future, in case it confuses people? What do people need to remember for Avengers 2, outside of there are heroes who team together? Hell, Cap 2 pretty much changes the face of the MCU and that was possibly the best one yet. So I don't agree that they should keep it dumb and simple at all. And considering Cap 2 is on the way to doing better than TDW already, it looks like the majority agree.

So Tony Shalhoub and Johnny Knoxville joined the cast of TMNT. Apparently Knoxville's voicing Leonardo.

That...I dunno how I feel about that.

Knoxville would have been the perfect Casey Jones though :(

• Like 1

That's not the problem, it was nothing but a vehicle for Hiddleston. Which would be fine, if it weren't for Thor having one of the more interesting rouge galleries in Marvel. So blowing a whole film on a villain they never bother to do anything with, then shoe-horning Jane Foster into a central role to give her a reason to be around at all... I found that super disappointing.

No one's asking that they introduce any more characters, I just wish they'd written a better villain and actually focused on it. Hell, don't introduce new characters, just actually use the interesting ones you have. Lady Sif gets about 30 seconds of screen time, for a film that promised to explore more of Asgard, it hardly delivered on that front. And what, no one can introduce new plot lines in future, in case it confuses people? What do people need to remember for Avengers 2, outside of there are heroes who team together? Hell, Cap 2 pretty much changes the face of the MCU and that was possibly the best one yet. So I don't agree that they should keep it dumb and simple at all. And considering Cap 2 is on the way to doing better than TDW already, it looks like the majority agree.

I think if you're going to criticize Thor 2 for not writing a better villain then you should criticize the entire company for it because outside of Loki, there are no villains that are even remotely developed. And Loki barely counts because his popularity is going to force him into anti-hero territory anyways.

We'll see what happens with Ultron and ultimately Thanos but let's not act like Thor 2 is the only Marvel film that has had trouble establishing a worthwhile villain.