Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Some stuff came out recently that Fox has a script for Deadpool that's supposed to be pretty great, but they're keeping it on the backburner to avoid X-Men fatigue.

And yeah, Thanos is basically confirmed to be the villain of Avengers 3, if not, at least Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm still totally calling it: Vin Diesel is pulling double duty and the Groot gig is a cover for his role as Thanos in Guardians.

I would be 100% okay with that. Diesel has a great, deep voice that would work well for the mad titan.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how much I like the idea of using a physical manifestation of Death in the more grounded MCU. It kind of brings about a lot of questions that muddy the waters. I always preferred the idea that Death was really just in Thanos' head any way.

Even if she's just in his head, I think you need an actress to give her life. Thanos should be the only one who can see her, but she should be there. As silly as Masters of the Universe was, I'd model her after Frank Langella's Skeletor.

Of course, I don't think she's necessary to the story if they aren't going into any kind of depth on why Thanos is trying to conquer the universe. They could leave her out if he's a one and done villain, or save her for a return of the character later on.

On the topic of Deadpool, because he's a Fox property, I don't believe that the character of Death would be allowed in any of his films.

http://screenrant.com/the-crow-movie-reboot-norman-reedus-2013/

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/the-crow-reboot-kristen-stewart-out-walking-dead-star-norman-reedus-in-as-james-95790/

I don't hate Kristen Stewart but the idea of her as Shelly makes me shudder. Just something about the stink of Twilight(I like the books but the movies can fuck off).

Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal with Marvel.

If Winter Soldier is the hit it's looking to be...

Bucky Cap? Winter Soldier in Avengers? I kind of love Bucky's run as Captain America, so I'm psyched for any more Bucky Barnes.

That is so awesome.

Winter Soldier is a great character, and would love Bucky Cap too. Not at the expense of Evans though who is so good at Cap.

Perhaps Rogers may eventually transition to ahead of Shield, I think Samuel L Jackson's 9 pictures are almost up? Perhaps they don't want to keep paying him?

Exactly. I'm a big Harry Potter fan, having read it from when I was 9 or something, but even I know they're written horribly. Like, "can't even imagine how horrible it is" horrible. Reading Order of the Phoenix a few months ago and I was cringing the entire time.