Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, awesome stuff. Captures the tone of the books brilliantly. Nice to see some who haven't read the books excited too, that's encouraging.

I've never seen Pratt in anything before, but from the trailer seems perfect.

Sad that I didn't get to hear Groot or Rocket speak though.

As someone who is aware of the Guardians, it's awesome.

But I really don't think it does a good job of letting those unaware of the comic know what it's all about.

Oh god, I am so glad i studied up on a bunch of the Guardians comics. Now I am even more excited.

I love that when I tried to describe the film to a friend (who loves the Marvel movies but doesn't read comics) he looked at me like I was mental.

"Yeah so it's like Avengers, but in space. There's a guy called Star Lord and the rest of the team consists of a hot green alien woman, Batista, who will also be green, a Racoon and a Tree."

Meh. I'm all for changing things up, but they've yet to get it right, so I'm not going to have high hopes for it. Plus we really don't have an idea of what Trank's style is on a typical film.

I love that Marvel have just gone utterly, utterly insane with Guardians Of The Galaxy. It's a big risk, and pretty much the proving ground for the comic book movie bubble - a test to see if people will still pay to see a Marvel movie that isn't a big name property.

I would have thought that, taking that risk, they would have made a point not to be too alienating, and to cast some big names to counteract how odd it is. And they've done...exactly not that. It's brilliant.

Someone on Twitter summed it up rather wonderfully recently;

Marvel: "Let's make a movie with a talking space raccoon and his tree buddy! "

DC: "A movie starring a woman? Jeez, I don't know..."

• Like 6

Michael B Jordan and Kate Mara are great casting choices individually but shouldn't two characters who are biological siblings be the same ethnicity? This isn't really "Donald Glover can't be Spider-Man" all over again, just curious as to how they're going to play it off if the casting is true? Jordan would make an excellent Johnny Storm and if the Storms are black, Sue should totally be played by Megan Good. :wub:

Yeah it's going to be something as simple as that or having different mother or father. Some guy on Twitter was trying to troll me about that, insisting that they had to be blood related because that was important in one arc once.