Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Just watched Cap 2. Spoiler talk!

So we all saw the awesome stuff, but my thinking is geared more to the future..

Shield is gone. Obviously massive change in the MCU.

Hill has gone to Stark. That makes me think of Civil War.. could we have Civil War in the future?

Crossbones survived. Evans doesn't want to continue acting after his contract is up. That says it all really for me.

Last bit, for now, is Ultron. Where Ultron comes from? The USB device that Widow leaked online. What if Arnim Zola and his algorithm were on that. He didn't die when the equipment was blown to pieces. So he - and that - survive - find their way into the world wide web, end up growing massive and perhaps interacting with Stark's stuff.. hence, Ultron.

Hail Hydra.

But also, I think they're going with Ant Man creating Ultron, yeah? That's what I've been hearing all over the place.

A friend told me that Chris Evans as well stated that he didn't want to act as anyone OTHER than Captain once he starts his directorial career. So there's that.. if it's true.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Ant-Man come out after Age of Ultron?

MCU release schedule:

Aug 2014: Guardians of the Galaxy

May 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron

July 2015: Ant-Man

May 2016: Captain America 3

Thor 3 is happening (writers/producers have been confirmed), and Marvel are actively searching for a director for a Doctor Strange movie too. One of those two will likely get a late 2016 release, with the other the early 2017 one. Kevin Feige has said he'd like a 'new film/established film' sort of dynamic each year, so I guess Strange for late '16 and Thor 3 for early '17 in that case?

Also, considering there was a 4 film & 3 year buffer between Avengers flicks, I'd guess that Avengers 3 (which will likely tie in to Guardians of the Galaxy from what I've read) will either be late 2017 or early 2018.

Bah, ignore me then - not sure what's going to happen then.

And August IS way too far away. My girlfriend wants to see the film pretty badly too, and when I mentioned it was a Marvel movie she got extra excited because she didn't know it was, and has liked every Marvel movie I have taken her to so far greatly.

August is too bloody far away :(

To be fair, it is less than 4 months away. Between now and then there's Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past (as well as other fun looking flicks like Godzilla, Edge of Tomorrow, and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes too). It's all good :-)

It doesn't help that the rest of the film is fairly garbage either, though. As far as "watch Wolverine become the monster he was!", the montage at the start was pretty fun... then it was all downhill from there.

• Like 1

Wolverine: Origins was a fine enough film on its' own, if you don't consider any of the other films or the source material.

It's just too loaded with characters, creates way too many inconsistencies within the X-Men film continuity, and royally fucked us over with Deadpool.

I enjoyed it enough, based on the strength of Jackman, the fun action sequences, and Liev Schrieber's fantastic portrayal of Sabretooth. Much better than what we got in the first X-Men film.