2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

I don't really know if you can draw conclusions about which league is better from this game. It's a strange year in that we've had one team seeded third in the group stage (and subsequently ass-fucked in the draw) and two get the worst possible opposition they could've in the first knockout round bar maybe one other side. Chelsea are the only side you can say categorically should've progressed further.

The German league is definitely on the rise but the Spanish league is generally on the wane apart from the top two who obviously continue to grow. Admittedly Malaga and Valencia have overperformed in the Champions League so far and Atletico are a great side but there's just no money in La Liga any more and the best players are moving to other countries. Sooner or later we were bound to have a terrible year after representatives in 7 of the last 8 finals, it's only natural. With the new TV deal next season I expect we'll be back at the top soon because we have three absolute financial behemoths to our credit.

As for the game itself, Man Utd were definitely robbed by a terrible decision and they very probably would've gone through if not for Nani's dismissal. Bloody hilarious though,

the reason english clubs have fallen behind is not a lack of money. more of it next year won't change what's wrong with the top clubs in this country.

it's no coincidence that the best sides in europe this season have been built over a period of time, or that the only english side that have been any good were built in a similar way.

I think its a bit harsh on the ref, given that he saw it in real time and had to make a decision based on that. We have the benefit of a slow mo replay from many different angles. Still, I think it was a harsh decision.

Just about calmed down from last night and I've got to say I'm bitterly disappointed. I felt we were the better team over the two legs and got our tactics spot on. If it wasn't for the red card then I'm 100% sure we'd be in the quarter finals right now. But I guess that's football for you; sometimes the big decisions, whether right or wrong, don't go for you on the night.

I'm just hoping we pick ourselves up for Sunday now, big game against Chelsea and we've still got a great chance to win our first Double since 1999. :)

Just to gloat in the short space of time while I can: Up yours Baddar, Celtic are still in the Champions League and Man U aren't :shifty:

Neil Lennon's still an ugly ginger cunt.

Wanna know an ugly ginger cunt thats not in the Champions League? Alex Ferguson!

• Like 2

Just to gloat in the short space of time while I can: Up yours Baddar, Celtic are still in the Champions League and Man U aren't :shifty:

Neil Lennon's still an ugly ginger cunt.

Wanna know an ugly ginger cunt thats not in the Champions League? Alex Ferguson!

:(

I love scum fans moaning about shit decisions/biased refs. It's brilliant.

Oh and something no oneseems to have pointed out is that Rafael could have easily been sent off for denying a goal with a handball which would have probably led to a defender being substituted for nani anyway.

Rio is a cunt too but not for that incident, it was a pretty childish and unsporting thing to do but I'd rather see that from players rather than them showing no passion and not giving a fuck.

Sorry for the double post but taggart refused to give the obligatory post match interview? I'm really sick of this cunt thinking he's above the rules, should be given a stadium ban for the entire campaign next year. Teach the old fuck a lesson.