2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

Chelsea team to play Juventus: Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole; Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Oscar, Hazard & Torres.

Oh and Opta tells me that "Two of Man Utd's four defeats at home in the CL group stages have been against Turkish sides (Fenerbahce 96 and Besiktas 09)." Bad times.

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Hernandez, Welbeck

No Buttner, but Fletcher is on the bench!

Strong team and strong bench, we should win tonight.

Edited by Starvinho

Redknapp on Chelsea: "they rope-a-doped teams last season," phenomenal punditry. I love Redknapp.

Now, what match do I watch. I can't decide. The English team matches should be good, Bayern Munich v Valencia seems like a great match on paper, always a pleasure to watch Barcelona as well. After watching AC Milan 0-0 Anderlecht yesterday I need an entertaining match for sure!

United team vs Galatasaray: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Kagawa, van Persie

Got a subs bench? I hope Buttner will feature. By the way, is there a CL highlights show on tonight anywhere?

Sky Sports probably.

Always annoyed me when I didn't have SS that ITV only showed highlights on the Tuesday, rather than showing both days games on the Wednesday.

Loving that lineup too. Vidic and Evans at the back together :w00t:

Redknapp on Chelsea: "they rope-a-doped teams last season," phenomenal punditry. I love Redknapp.

Now, what match do I watch. I can't decide. The English team matches should be good, Bayern Munich v Valencia seems like a great match on paper, always a pleasure to watch Barcelona as well. After watching AC Milan 0-0 Anderlecht yesterday I need an entertaining match for sure!

I've settled on Juvi/Chelsea simply because I haven't seen a Chelsea match since the community shield, but there are so many good matches. I really miss the CL when it's not on because there's just so much choice.

And again I ask, any CL highlights shows tonight after the games? ITV must have one, right?

Matt, Galatasaray have issues with Leeds? How come?

Edited by Dingle

I've settled on Juvi/Chelsea simply because I haven't seen a Chelsea match since the community shield, but there are so many good matches. I really miss the CL when it's not on because there's just so much choice.

And again I ask, any CL highlights shows tonight after the games? ITV must have one, right?

Matt, Galatasaray have issues with Leeds? How come?

Are you asking a genuine question or trying to troll me? :/

THESE ARE THE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOONS...

Settled on Bayern Munich v Valencia, looks like a super match on paper and I'm a sucker for German teams - no matter how dislikable Bayern are in the long run. Pizarro starts up top ahead of Mandzukic which seems an odd decision, but I suppose that's why they have Pizarro now - for the fixture congestion.

Soldado and Jonas up top for Valencia as you'd expect. Andres Guardado on the wing. Should be a good match.