2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

I know they got knocked out by FC Basel last year, but what a surprise Man Utd drew one of the *easiest* groups. I swear this happens literally every year.

Looking forward to seeing how City get on anyway. Fancy them to get through that group, but not ahead of Real Madrid.

Anyone know how you would go about getting tickets for the group stages? We're talking about going to the Nou Camp for the Celtic game but I have no idea when the tickets go on sale and stuff like that, how fast they sell out etc.

Anyone know how you would go about getting tickets for the group stages? We're talking about going to the Nou Camp for the Celtic game but I have no idea when the tickets go on sale and stuff like that, how fast they sell out etc.

It differentiates with each club - usually, season ticket holders get priority, then it works its way down to general sale, depending on how many tickets are allocated.

C'mon now, we're not Chelsea...

yet...

But Champions League is everything these days and as probably the top spenders in Europe over the past few years it's only natural to expect to get through any group. If Mancini doesn't win the league and goes out in the Champions League group stage (bearing in mind it'd be the second year running and Mancini's underachieved basically every season he's been in Europe) I'm pretty sure he'll get the sack - if he wins the league maybe not, but it's only what City should be winning given the outlay. If they can find a manager with a good record in the Champions League and City don't do well in it this season, I'd be worried for Mancini.

Edited by Pesci

If that's the case then he's harder to read than sarcasm on the internet. And he's still a prick :shifty:

He had a cheeky smile on his face whilst saying it :shifty:. Besides, it's better than the "despite us only needing to win against QPR, we have no chance of winning the premier league title!"

• Admin

Manchester City's CL squad includes deadline day signings Maicon, Matija Nastasic, Javi Garcia and Scott Sinclair. However, there is no place for defender Kolo Toure.

There is no place in Manchester United's squad for Bebe, but Darren Fletcher is included.

Chelsea have omitted Hilario and Florent Malouda.

There continue to be rumours of Malouda going off on loan to Lyon or somewhere. I think that even if no such deal materialises, it's fairly safe to say he's as good as gone from the club and may as well not be registered for all the game time he'd get (he's yet to even make it onto the bench this season!).