2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

Was that offside? Hooper was behind Samaras when Samaras played the ball but the ball went forwards and Hooper was beyond the last man... I know if the ball had gone back to Hooper it'd be fine, but it went forwards.

Not if Hooper was behind Samaras, no.

That was my understanding too but the Sky commentators confused me by constantly insisting it should have been offside.

That's commentators for you.

You still get the odd one who'll go completely nuts when a ball is played into the box and ends up nowhere near a player in an offside position, and clearly wasn't aimed for him, yet when it lands to a player who's onside, they wonder why play still continues.

Pot One: Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Porto, AC Milan

Pot Two: Valencia, Benfica, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, Schalke, Manchester City, Braga, Dynamo Kiev

Pot Three: Olympiakos, Ajax, Anderlecht, Juventus, Spartak Moscow, Paris St Germain, Lille, Galatasaray

Pot Four: Celtic, Borussia Dortmund, BATE Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, CFR Cluj, Malaga, Montpellier, FC Nordsjaelland

Couple of hours until the draw, certainly looks like there could be a group of death or two again. A good group for us would be Braga, Anderlecht and Montpellier but we'll probably get Valencia, Juventus and Dortmund.