2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

On my way to the kuip for Feyenoord - kiev. We lost 2 1 in Kiev, so I hope we can turn it around here

Got a spare ticket? Didn't realize it would be freaking sold out. :lol:

On my way to the kuip for Feyenoord - kiev. We lost 2 1 in Kiev, so I hope we can turn it around here

Got a spare ticket? Didn't realize it would be freaking sold out. :lol:

Haha sorry, dont have a spare ticket. You have to watch it on the telly.

Don't have Eredivisie Live. And sure as shit not paying 7 euros for one freaking match.

• Admin

What were the scores?

Dundee United have been charged on two counts by Uefa following crowd trouble at their Europa League qualifier against Dinamo Moscow.

Fighting broke out in the Jim McLean stand during the 2-2 draw last Thursday and a fan ran on to the pitch to celebrate United's opening goal.

United were fined 5,000 euros by Uefa last year for a fan invading the Tannadice field against Slask Wroclaw.

United have launched their own internal investigation into the ugly scenes.

Fans found guilty of "unacceptable conduct" will be banned from Tannadice, the club have said.

Three arrests were made and another seven spectators were ejected from the stadium for their behaviour.

United chairman Stephen Thompson confirmed: "We have been charged by Uefa on two counts.

"I feel very let down by a number of people."

Speaking at half-time, BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound presenter Richard Gordon said: "I have to say I cannot remember the last time I saw fighting like that inside a Scottish football ground."

A statement on the club's website read: "Dundee United is carrying out an internal inquiry into the events during Thursday night's Europa League tie v Dinamo Moscow.

"Any individual found to have been involved in unacceptable conduct and damaging the club's proud reputation will face a stadium ban.

"The club continue to foster the Uefa spirit incorporated within the Respect campaign and actively encouraged the promotion of these values in our strategy for Thursday's match and we are extremely disappointed that the actions of one or two individuals have been seen to damage what was yet another special European night at Tannadice."

Very unlucky from what I saw, Feyenoord were much better. BATE Borisov beat Debrecen in the other match, and win 3-1 on aggregate. The rest of the teams go tomorrow. Club Brugge v Copenhagen the match of my choosing. 0-0 in the first leg so should mean both teams go for it somewhat in this leg.

Anderlecht won 6-0, 11-0 on aggregate so they're probably not too arsed that Chelsea winning the Champions League bumped them from the play off to the third qualifying round. Club Brugge currently 1-0 up against Copenhagen and going through as it stands. Motherwell 0-0 away to Panathanaikos but 2-0 down on aggregate. And AEL Limassol, conquerors of Linfield, are 1-0 up at Partizan Belgrade and 2-0 up on aggregate! Go the Cypriots!

Massive drama in Bruges as, at 2-2, Club Brugge have a goal disallowed for offside - in very debatable circumstances - and then from a late corner with the keeper up Copenhagen break away and roll it into an empty net. Can't help but feel Club Brugge may have been robbed.

• Admin
Celtic have been drawn to face Swedish side Helsingborg in the Champions League play-off.

Celtic's potential opponents also included Maribor, Hapoel Kityat Shmona, AEL Limassol or Cluj.

Motherwell and Hearts are in the draw for Europa League play-off later on Friday.

They could face Liverpool, Newcastle, Inter Milan, Lazio and Athletico Bilbao.

Neil Lennon's side progressed to the play-off stage following a 4-1 aggregate victory over HJK Helsinki.

"Now we've got a wee bit of European football we might be able to bring one or two in to augment what we've got already," said Lennon after beating the Finns.

"We've lost a lot of players in the summer and there's a good nucleus."

Matches will be played 21/22 and 28/29 August.

Full draw:

Champions route

FC Basel v CFR Cluj
Helsingborg v CELTIC
BATE Borisov v Hapoel Kiryat Shmona
AEL Limassol v Anderlecht
Dinamo Zagreb v NK Maribor

Non-champions route

Braga v Udinese
Spartak Moscow v Fenerbahce
Malaga v Panathinaikos
Borussia Moenchengladbach v Dynamo Kiev