2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

Got t' Gladbach game on, my favorite German team by a distance, leading so far and hopefully they'll get through. Would love to see them in our group, think that'd be a cracking tie.

Edit: Shit, t' second I post that and those bastards Kiev level it up .

Get out! Get out now.

Big deflection on that goal, originally look like he'd just absolutely mauled it in. 'Gladbach still look good though, I think there are more goals to come.

What were Xhaka and Nordtveit doing with t' ball in t' middle of t' pitch. All very well picking on Dominguez for showing Yarmolenko inside but giving t' ball away in such a lackadaisical manner is unforgivable in Champions League football.

Always been very impressed with Yarmolenko when I saw him play for Ukraine U21 a few years ago. Very talented player, and did okay for Ukraine in t' Euro's this year. Hopefully 'Gladbach can get themselves together and get back into this match as t' away goals aren't ideal.

Got t' Gladbach game on, my favorite German team by a distance, leading so far and hopefully they'll get through. Would love to see them in our group, think that'd be a cracking tie.

Edit: Shit, t' second I post that and those bastards Kiev level it up .

Get out! Get out now.

Big deflection on that goal, originally look like he'd just absolutely mauled it in. 'Gladbach still look good though, I think there are more goals to come.

It didn't get any better :(

Well there were more goals to come, just t' wrong team. A deflected goal and an own goal from a pretty disappointing Luuk de Jong makes t' match seem worse than what it was, it was a pretty even game but given 'Gladbach now have to go to Ukraine and win 3-0 it won't be much consolation for them.

Well done to Celtic though on t' win. Of t' later kick offs only Kobenhavn managed to get a home victory, but then Lille will be confident of over turning that deficit themselves so wouldn't be surprised if they don't go through too.

EDIT: Worth pointing out for 'Gladbach that 7 of their starting 11 were 23 years old or under as well. Perhaps explains a bit of t' naivety and perhaps reason why they didn't have t' ability to take t' game by t' scruff of t' neck when it required it.

Edited by IAceI

They were pretty lucky to get through against Club Brugge in t' last round as well, were probably t' better team overall but they didn't seem to be that impressive. Sounds like they're replacing Dame N'Doye with Cercle Brugge's Igor Vetokele; interested to see how that goes down. Whatever they do given how maligned Ariel Jacobs was at Anderlecht he'd love to get to t' group stages - even if Anderlecht manage it as well, and I imagine they probably will.

Who's the guy who announced Copenhagen vs Lille and how much sugar does he consume before broadcast?

• Admin
Qualifying Playoffs Second Leg Results:

Anderlecht (Belgium) 2, AEL Limassol (Cyprus) 0 (Anderlecht advances 3-2 on aggregate)

Kiryat Shmona (Israel) 1, BATE Borisov (Belarus) 1 (BATE Borisov advances 3-1 on aggregate)

Maribor (Slovenia) 0, Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) 1 (Dinamo Zagreb advances 3-1 on aggregate)

Panathinaikos (Greece) 0, Malaga (Spain) 0 (Malaga advances 2-0 on aggregate)

Udinese (Italy) 1, Braga (Portugal) 1 (2-2 on aggregate; Braga advances 5-4 in penalty shootout)

Went down to the pub for the Malaga game, I love being in Holland and having an Irish pub with Sky :w00t:

Malaga looked good, ref was a f'n joke though.