2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

• May 28: Richmond Kickers (USL PRO) vs. D.C. United (MLS), 7 pm ET
  • May 28: Philadelphia Union (MLS) vs. Ocean City Nor'easters (PDL), 7:30 pm ET
  • May 28: Orlando City SC (USL PRO) vs. Colorado Rapids (MLS), 7: 30 pm ET
  • May 28: Fort Lauderdale Strikers (NASL) vs. FC Dallas (MLS), 7:30 pm ET
  • May 28: Charleston Battery (USL PRO) vs. San Jose Earthquakes (MLS), 7:30 pm ET
  • May 28: Rochester Rhinos (USL PRO) vs. New England Revolution (MLS), 7:35 pm ET
  • May 28: Sporting Kansas City (MLS) vs. Des Moines Menace (PDL), 8:30 pm ET
  • May 28: Real Salt Lake (MLS) vs. Atlanta Silverbacks (NASL), 9:30 pm ET
  • May 28: LA Blues (USL PRO) vs. Chivas USA (MLS), 10:30 pm ET
  • May 29: Charlotte Eagles (USL PRO) vs. Chicago Fire (MLS), 7 pm ET
  • May 29: Carolina RailHawks (NASL) vs. LA Galaxy (MLS), 7:15 pm ET
  • May 29: Columbus Crew (MLS) vs. Dayton Dutch Lions (USL PRO), 7:30 pm ET
  • May 29: New York Red Bulls (MLS) vs. Reading United AC (PDL), 7:30 pm ET
  • May 29: Tampa Bay Rowdies (NASL) vs. Seattle Sounders (MLS), 7:30 pm ET
  • May 29: Houston Dynamo (MLS) vs. FC Tucson (PDL), 8:30 pm ET
  • May 29: Portland Timbers (MLS) vs. Wilmington Hammerheads (USL PRO), 10:30 pm ET

After San Antonio had a spectacular failure against FC Tuscson (not that any of the NASL teams showed well) this is the 3rd round fixture listing for the USOC. Colorado draws Orlando which should provide the toughest leg of this round. LA going to Carolina could be an issue as the Railhawks have beaten them before ... and if the Atlanta that played the first few weeks of the season shows up at RSL that could be one to watch. The only other teams I see that could really get upset are NE and SJ. I expect it to be pretty straight forward this year though.

Haha Tampa drew Sounders.

Go Strikers!

Tampa drawing Sounders isn't as awful for them as it looks on paper because it's the shittiest possible time to have to play an away game on the other side of the country. It's two days after playing away vs. LA which means the team has to get from LA to Florida on fucking Memorial Day (probably the furthest distance anyone will travel for a domestic cup competition all year), Evans/EJ/Martinez will all be gone because of national team call-ups, and Alonso and Zakuani are injured.

Hopefully we can get out of there with a win, though, because it'll mean playing Portland at Starfire. Or alternatively, it'll mean playing the second lower-league side to upset Portland in the USOC in a row at Starfire. I really really want to get a chance to take in a USOC game at Starfire is what I'm saying here.

But nobody cares about the NASL!

:(

Also, GoGo, on top of that, Tampa is playing that week's league match against Minnesota at home as well, so travel time won't be a factor for them at all. The good news for Seattle is Tampa really can't afford to leave their best players on the bench vs Minnesota, so there's always a chance for exhaustion or injury to dent the Tampa side too. Tampa has also had a shit form at home this year, so there's that too.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

But nobody cares about the NASL!

You may not, but that certainly doesn't mean nobody does.

LOL Cosmos.

GoGo, if it's Portland ... why play at Starfire ? Seems they'd want to pack the place and get as many out as possible.

Because it's already scheduled at Starfire. I'd be totally fine with them changing it because it turns out I have a concert on the same night and CLink is much much much closer.

Otherwise, it's because the USOC atmosphere at Starfire is supposed to be incredible.

Wow, apparently LA have traded Mike Magee to Chicago for Robbie Rogers. I was concerned Chicago was going to get screwed in this whole situation but that is very much not getting screwed.

Strikers vs FC Dallas 0-0 at the half. Strikers have been dominating the Dallas defense.

EDIT- Fuck. 0-1 Dallas.

0-2 Dallas. Sigh.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

3' into Atlanta vs RSL and RSL already up by one.

Atlanta equalizes in the 87th minute!

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I was so excited for Orlando City/SKC in the next round and then I realized that Orlando won't have Dom Dwyer because he's on loan from SKC.

Chivas sound like a disaster tonight. MLS seriously needs to take this club away from Jorge Vergara.

EDIT: Wellp, RSL have now scored two more on Atlanta and Chivas have equalized. Drag.