2013 Major League Soccer Thread (aka The Ancient Mystical Society of No Timbers)

GoGo Yubari

Martinez is talking like that's the case. Assuming it's at a reasonable contract, I'm down. Not coming back immediately was likely a matter of Real Espana wanting more than he's worth.

That's been the issue the last few years. The growth of the league has put is in a position where we're a better option than even the "better" clubs in the smaller central/south American countries but those same clubs still want to puff their chest like it's the late 90's and our club soccer is an absolute joke. They all try to make plays and are shady as all hell, but the players themselves have wised up and it's starting to not be such a problem anymore.

SKC and SJ go through in the CCL: http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/standings2013 <--- updated standings.

So we've got SKC, SJ, LA

Toluca, Cruz, Tijuana,

Alajuelense

The final team will either be Houston or Arabe Unido (Houston just can't lose to Unido and they'll advance). It'd be crazy if we have 4 MLS clubs, 3 Liga MX clubs, and the CR rep.

And wow, after 9 months this saga finally comes to a close: http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/2013/10/cameroonian-forward-charles-eloundou-finally-sets-foot-colorado?utm_content=buffer2a042&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

DC did get the US Open Cup to be proud of, though.

Not sure who had the overall most depressing season of the year but -- ah no fuck it, it's Chivas.

Beckham made his intentions to expand MLS into Miami official.

We'll see how enthusiastic he is when he asks the city for a stadium built by tax money, and the voters tell him "lol, fuck no".

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Yeeeaaaah .... I'm really curious about that whole situation. It's going to be interesting, especially considering that Orlando is now a shoe-in.

PLAYOFFS START TONIGHT !!!!!!!! The teams with the best/worst streaks to end the season face off when COL goes to SEA ! Colorado stormed through the second half while Seattle shit the bed all over the place. Should be a fun match up but it's a late start being a West Coast game.

- Lionard Pajoy, Carlos "El Pescadito" Ruiz and midfielder Marcelo Saragosa are all out at DCU.

- Frank Klopas is out as HC in Chicago

- Martin Rienne is out as HC in Vancouver

- Hyndman stepped down as HC in Dallas

And a guarantee already from Leiweke up in Toronto: “This is the team we’ll turn around the quickest. We’ll make the playoffs next year. Write it down.”

Not really true. The first half of the second half of the season was Seattle's best run of form of the season, the final month is where everything imploded.

All of Colorado's good results came at home, though, except a win over Galaxy during international break. I'm expecting this to be a bridge too far, though I guess anything could happen.

I have been waiting over a month and a half for a win like that. Feels so goddamn good. I feel bad for Gspurning because what a stupid misjudgment to make, but that's why we have Hahnemann as our backup.

Also awesome was that our USMNT guys all got on the scoresheet with goals for B-Rad and EJ and an assist for Deuce.

Colorado is a really promising team, though. A couple people have been asking if Pareja's going to go in the offseason, but that would be fucking crazy of Colorado to do. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing, putting together a talented group of mostly young players playing exactly the kind of attractive soccer that makes the days of Gary Smith's boring horrible thugball style a thing of the past.

EDIT: Some general news. DC United has continued justifiably blowing up their team by parting ways with Dwayne DeRosario, who is way too old and way too expensive to keep. Heartbreakinhere gly, he actually walked out of the stadium to see them taking his banner down.

And where everyone was assuming that Frank Yallop was going to be taking over at Vancouver (which would have been a hilariously bad decision), he instead seems to be taking over in Chicago.

I should email the Whitecaps pictures of my World Club Championship winning Whitecaps from FM12.

They'd hire me on the spot!

Yeah Miami isn't gonna work unless Beckham is willing to foot the bill for the stadium.

He's putting in 25m  .... absolutely no way he puts 80+m into it just for a stadium.  No way.  That would be the "looking for other investors" portion ....

Colorado is a really promising team, though. A couple people have been asking if Pareja's going to go in the offseason, but that would be fucking crazy of Colorado to do. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing, putting together a talented group of mostly young players playing exactly the kind of attractive soccer that makes the days of Gary Smith's boring horrible thugball style a thing of the past.

Yeah, I don't see how in the hell COL would be that idiotic.  Pareja is doing wonderfully and has put together one hell of a squad going forward into next year.  He made out like a bandit in the draft (Brown/Powers), found a young DP (Torres), made perhaps the signing of the season in Hendry Thomas, and brought in the right old veteran in Sanchez, and of course there's the duo of Castrillon and Rivero that still have yet to fully pay dividends because of injury but have shown they were the right choices in their limited time.  Oh, and we can't forget that he also had a great eye in bringing in Irwin before the season to trial and singing him, AND did the same with finding Klute. 

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

Also, this about Yallop to CHI:

AAAAAAANNNNDDDD reports coming in that TFC are willing to pay Jermaine Defoe 7.49$m annually to come on over.

AAAAAAANNNNDDDD reports coming in that TFC are willing to pay Jermaine Defoe 7.49$m annually to come on over.

Oh, Toronto. They pretty much have to offer that much in order to overcome the fact that their team is bad.

Defoe would be a holy terror vs. MLS defenses but I still couldn't see it unless it were a summer move post-World Cup.

Defoe would be a holy terror vs. MLS defenses but I still couldn't see it unless it were a summer move post-World Cup.

Rich man's Oduro ? :pervert:

In regards to Pareja, there is ONE scenario that I absolutely think CAN happen that would see him out of COL. That's if he returned to FCD to take over. I actually hope that happens.

- This is interesting:

"A secondary source has indicated Houston may be interested in Reading FC forward Adam Le Fondre. Although his market value is around $4 million, the source says they are "desperate" to find a suitable striker for the next half decade."

- NYRB is reportedly interested in signing DeRo again.

- Also heavy talk about several teams being in for Quagliarella

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Matt Besler's Halloween costume is his teammate Aurelien Collin:

Besler%20Collin%20Halloween.jpg