The New Kit Thread

The Newcastle female ones aren't bad. I was looking at them as an silly present for my girlfriend

You can go to jail for that.

The whole point of football shirts is that they look oversized, baggy and unfathomably sexy on your girlfriend.

Yes both of these are true and I was foolish to think otherwise!

Also, the Dortmund model!

dortmund-home-kit-sofa.jpg

• Like 2

I wanted to get myself something when I was over in Cologne last year but didn't like the Cologne tops. Saw the black & yellow striped Dortmund top so bought that. I look much better in it than she does.

• 4 weeks later...

So they've released the alternative Newcastle shirt. It's sold at cost price and it's purpose is to give the fans an option to wear the colours without supporting Wonga!

CLBfZ3TWoAEqC1l.png

It's actually quite nice!

They've been issued a cease and desist. It's dead. And still shit.

Didn't realise umbro made so any kits in the early days of the Prem. 

It also made me remember that LeCoq Sportif is a thing.  

I thought they'd be more clever with the design and avoid any copyrighted material.

I remember cheap imitation Cork GAA jerseys used to be sold wholesale in Penneys/Primark here because the team's logo was Cork's coat of arms. This cost them so much merchandise that they actually went and made a new logo.

Liverpool's first Premier League kit is also their best in my opinion.

I owned that yellow Spurs away kit - it was my first! I remember we briefly wore the home shirt right at the end of the previous season for the FA Cup final (when we beat Forest and Gazza broke his leg when he should have got a red card). The shirt for the 3-1 semi final win over Arsenal (with stonking Gazza free kick) was different and one I preferred.

• 2 months later...