The New Kit Thread

The rumoured Chelsea away kit isn't all that different from the one that was rumoured last year but didn't materialise, but eh. If it is real then they'll have fun selling about 4 of them.

Still holding out for my imperial Russian third kit...

This is the thing with third kits isn't it though? Are they there for match purposes or are they there because - in this case - they know there'll be people who buy it and give the club money?

Personally I think if you have a third kit then it shouldn't majorly incorporate the main colour from your home and away strips. I know it suddenly limits the choices but as a third kit it's hardly there for want of a fashion statement and simply there to make sure colours don't clash.

Like you said, that third kit is useful pretty much never. Given the ven diagram of teams whose two kits incorporate black, white and orange is so small anyways - is it needed.

Didn't realise it looks so strikinly similar to the training shirt either until now. Still, I'm sure some people will buy it and if so then I guess it's money for the club isn't it?

You're right, and I've never really gone for the 'club fleecing fans' argument as you don't have to buy it. For me if the third shirt looks better than the away I often buy it instead (silver one instead of purple a few years back, and the blue and white ones in 08 and 06). Just don't really like this one so won't buy it, its there for fans that do.

We brought the first one in (barring a random one in the mid 90's...) as a European change kit, problem being after about 10 years in one competition or the other we stopped playing in Europe shortly after, so they became 'cup' kits, and now its the naff contractual thing that saw us wear them when we could have played in home shirts. As kits for the team they're a waste of time.

Corinthians Paulista third kit.

5759060493_4b2c1a7a00_z.jpg

:wub:

Want.

I think we've found our 5 a side kit.

Someone get me a link to buy it, at the cheapest price.

Team Store

Only place I know that even has it right now.

Ouch. 189.90 reals, not including shipping, aka nearly £75.

I suddenly feel better about how much the Russia kit will cost me when shipping is included. :shifty:

Also, Germany away in green? I fail to see how this makes sense.

From the DFB logo, which was in turn based on the colours of a football pitch.

Excluding maybe the last decade, most German/West German away kits have historically been green.

Those Germany kits are sexy. I've always wanted a German jersey but never got around to buying one but I've always supported them as kind of a 2nd international team if Ireland don't make it to a tournament (which is most of the time). May pick up both of them over time.