WWE 2K14

apsham

I think a whole new game in just one year is very hard to do. There is tons of animation and collision shit... you can work a lot on what they got. Different controlls, adjust the animations, models and simulation aspects. The Japanes games smackdown was based on were more on the simulation site than what they did in america in the end.

I have not watched to much WWE lately, i don´t even know how much realism would fit a game for them right now. Gimmy an Addetude area game with modernised no mercy controls (a bit faster, a bit more moves ect.) and i would be all over it.

It's possible that THQ has lined up another developer to start work on the mechanics of next year's game. Keeping Yuke's for this year's version was a move made out of necessity, given that bringing in a new studio to either use someone else's assets or create a new game from scratch in around eight months would have been nigh-on impossible. I don't quite know what to expect, but I can imagine that there's at least something already in the pipeline for 2k15, whether it's at Yuke's or elsewhere.

They're similar to the idea of the finishers that have been in the games for years that you could do off counters - I always remember the kick reverasal to Stunner from the No Mercy game.. but this time you can do it on the offensive.

Don't forget the McMahon slap reversal either!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold.

Yes, they did it recently with Legends of Mania, but Attitude Era was fantastic. Having the same sort of mode but with Mania Matches? Awesome :D

Do you think? Thats only 1-2 matches per WM, and you'd imagine they'll stick with 'Hogan versus...' for the first lot barring maybe Savage/Steamboat. It does sound good but I can't work out where the licensing issue would be, though that may be me being thick.

Looking forward to HHH/HBK/Saturn.

• Like 2