The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

• Admin
Former Leeds defender Lucas Radebe has confirmed he is part of a consortium looking to buy a stake in the Yorkshire club. The 44-year-old made over 250 appearances for the Whites during his playing career and returned to Elland Road in October as a special guest for the game against Birmingham. And now the South African has revealed on his personal website he is looking into buying a part of the club.
  • Like 1

Radio Leeds commentator reckons if a keeper is sent off you shouldn't be able to replace them with another goalkeeper. I'm not sure how exactly you could legislate for that but anyway, I somehow don't think he'd have voiced that opinion had it been Paddy Kenny that got sent off.

myke, apparently your goalie was assaulted during the Swindon match?

Yeah, Slade was enraged. If you listen to his interview you can hear him go back into 'teacher' mode and tries to control his rage. He is such a lovely chap.

And to be honest that supporter is lucky he didn't get his teeth knocked out, I'm surprised that Jones didn't retaliate, good on him.

In slightly related news, I've just read the Leeds fan "Moody" who was attacked in Sheffield by a group of Wednesday hooligans in front of his wife and kids last November has died this morning. He'd been on life support for more than a year.

:( RIP

Great great win!

Ditto. I hope ex-Wednesday/Rovers player Spurr enjoyed netting the winner against Leeds.

Delighted this evening, beating QPR is our best win at this level in years. We deserved it as well, out-matched a team full of millionaires who weren't even off form.

That Charlie Austin is a bellend mind.