The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Seems as if your chairman has resigned, Adam.

Also, Bournemouth! :w00t:

That he has, we found out at kick off yesterday and then he came and joined us in the stands for the second half of our extremely drab 0-0 draw at Barnsley.

Now I love John Ryan, everyone in this town does because he single handedly saved the Rovers from oblivion and delivered on promises to get us back into the league and into the Championship, which was an unbelievable feat. He's put so much into this club over the last 15 years and is a lifelong fan. However, I am one of the few it seems who do not mind him leaving and don't consider him the second coming. He often speaks out stupidly in the media for attention (even yesterday was attention-seeking really) and I went cold on him the day he sacked Sean O'Driscoll, our greatest ever manager, to replace him with Dean "Can't Manage" Saunders and Willie "Shouldn't Breathe" McKay. Ridiculous stuff. Also, we're trying to be sold to an Irish hedgefund company based in Belize and it was John Ryan who brought them in. So I do not share the feelings of sadness that most of the fans do. As long as I have a stable club to support I am happy.

• Admin
Three-time Champions League winner Aitor Karanka is set to be appointed as the new manager of Championship club Middlesbrough, according to the ITV website. The 40-year-old former Real Madrid defender previously worked as Jose Mourinho's assistant at the Bernabeu, but this would be his first time in charge of a club.

• Admin
Swindon striker Nile Ranger has failed to report to training after being given a period of leave by the club.
Manager Mark Cooper confirmed to BBC Wiltshire on Thursday that the 22-year-old was given time off last weekend to deal with "personal issues".
But the Town boss went on to say Ranger had not turned up to training prior to Saturday's game with Colchester.
When asked about the player's whereabouts, Cooper responded: "I don't know. That's all I'm prepared to say."
Ranger, who is based in London, has scored six goals in 16 appearances since joining League One Swindon in the summer on a one-year deal.
It is thought he missed a team meeting prior to Saturday's FA Cup defeat by Macclesfield, and was not in the squad for the 2-1 Johnstone's Paint Trophy win against Wycombe on Tuesday.
"He was never going to play on Tuesday but he was supposed to be in for training today," added Cooper.
"But people should be concentrating on the players who played on Tuesday and that will play on Saturday."
Ranger previously played for Premier League side Newcastle but left the club by mutual consent in March.
He is due to appear in court in the new year after being charged with rape, in connection with an alleged incident at a hotel in Newcastle's Jesmond area in January.
He denies the charges.