Champions League 2013/14

METALMAN

• Admin

Bjorn Kuipers of Holland will referee the Champions League final between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid in Lisbon on 24 May. The 41-year-old Dutchman refereed last season's Europa League final between Benfica and Chelsea in Amsterdam.

No, but it's been like 10 years since the last Champions League final with no Dutch players, and 30 odd years since the last time there were no Dutch players in any of the European finals.

So, the first one with no Dutch players, they got a Dutch ref.

Dutch = Ratings

'twas also a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

We were never gonna get an easy tie cause we've either not been in the Europa league or not gotten very far. I wouldn't be too bothered who we get its great to be in the Champions League again and have European nights again ay Anfield. It'd be great having the likes of Madrid, Barca etc st Anfield.

• Like 1

We were never gonna get an easy tie cause we've either not been in the Europa league or not gotten very far. I wouldn't be too bothered who we get its great to be in the Champions League again and have European nights again ay Anfield. It'd be great having the likes of Madrid, Barca etc st Anfield.

Those European nights at Anfield! People who aren't commentators actually say that?

Well there normally a better atmosphere at the European games compared to the Prem games.

• Like 1

I think the key to the myth purported by commentators and others of the punditry ilk is the word "magical", as in, "those magical European nights at Anfield", which DavidMarrio didn't say.

Otherwise known as the same as European nights in most other places (which, yes, often involve better atmosphere than your typical league game).

• Like 1