Formula One 2014

Lineker

• Admin

Another Lewis error, gonna be very hard for him to win tomorrow.

Should be fun seeing Alonso and the two williams come from the back. I would say Kimi as well but with his recent form i can't see him getting top 10.

More points possibly for Maurssia tomorrow depening on weather. Great quali for them.

Brutal crash. Absolutely brutal. There was nothing Kimi could have done as son as that car jumped. I hope he is okay.

Massa reacted so perfectly though. I would easily say 50% of the other drivers would have just T-Boned Kimi, but Massa knew he had to spin that car to avoid it.

That was one horrendous crash. Kimi was visibly limping when he was helped out of the car. Hope he's not injured

Gutted for Massa too. It absolutely sucks that his 200th Grand Prix had to end like that. Amazing reaction to the accident by him though, without a doubt he just ensured the accident wasn't a hell of a lot worse

The Vettel/Alonso battle was the best part of an otherwise pretty dull British Grand Prix. The result was never in doubt from the moment Rosberg had to retire, and the only other highlight for me was watching Bottas make his way back up the field to finish in a very impressive 2nd. He could be something very special in a couple of years' time

It's a shame that Rosberg had to retire but it's fairly obvious that while Lewis was catching him very quickly, his pace was flattered by Nico's problem. It would have been really interesting if Rosberg's car was healthy because the hard tyre looked to be the one to be on.

However, it's a great result for the championship. Almost half distance and they're only seperated by 4pts. Who's your money on guys?

If I was a betting man my money would still be on Rosberg. Hamilton has managed to claw back almost all of Nico's lead, but he's harder on his car/tyres than Rosberg and so unless we get another situation like this weekend where he has to retire due to an electrical/engine problem, Lewis is the more likely of the two to pick up a DNF which I feel is going to be the difference maker this season. Hamilton is arguably the faster racer but Rosberg has more race 'smarts'

There's been a rumour today that Adrian Sutil will be replaced by Giedo Van Der Garde for the German Grand Prix and the rest of 2014.

That'd be interesting. Shame to see Sutil being the victim, but I'm sure Esteban brings in more cash and is a younger driver too.

Giedo also has a plethora of sponsor deals and maybe they bring in more than Sutil now. And with the team having zero points, they need to try something to get that constructor cash.

He went from 9th to 2nd in Austria and 6th to 1st at Silverstone. However, 15th in Hockenheim could be a little too much for Lewis to make up. The podium looks unlikely so he just needs to get some decent points tomorrow and minimized the loss to Rosberg.

If Hamilton gets second today and everyone lauds over what a comeback it was I'm going to be sufficiently pissed off. Oh yes, what a surprise that the driver in the car that's a second quicker than everyone else manages to recover <_<

• Admin

I can't remember if it was mentioned, but Mercedes has agreed to supply Lotus with Formula 1 engines from 2015 in a move that should help the team's current supplier Renault focus on Red Bull.

Mexico will return to the Formula 1 calendar next season after a 23-year absence, organisers said on Wednesday. Having failed to get track updates ready in time to secure a slot this season, having featured on a provisional calendar, work has been ongoing to get everything ready for inclusion in the 2015 schedule. The event will take place at the 2.747-mile Mexico City circuit. Bernie was at the press conference in Mexico, so this one should definitely go ahead. Teams may agree to a 21-race calendar though, providing that they agree to a financial package with Ecclestone that makes it worth it for them.
Azerbaijan has confirmed that it will host the European Grand Prix in 2016, after signing a deal with Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone. Although there had been some hope of the race in Baku getting on to next season's schedule, event organisers announced on Friday that plans had been put back one year.

Alexander Rossi has joined the Marussia Formula 1 team as reserve driver for the rest of the 2014 season. The 22-year-old parted company with Caterham earlier this month having been its F1 reserve as well as racing for its GP2 squad.