MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Me - Yankees

Damshow - Orioles

Maxx - Red Sox

Those silly Canadians that keep predicting Toronto to win the East - Blue Jays

I hadn't realized Maxx was also a Red Sox fan.

I knew he hated the Patriots, so I figured the Boston hate extended into other sports.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine is a Pats fan but hates the other Boston teams. :P

meh. Cloudy and me will just continue being way more awesome than all of you (H)

:puke:

There is surely another Cards fan besides me around these parts, right? Livid, I think?

Indeed. These hooligans just don't know what class is. (H)

• Like 1

Me - Yankees

Damshow - Orioles

Maxx - Red Sox

Those silly Canadians that keep predicting Toronto to win the East - Blue Jays

I hadn't realized Maxx was also a Red Sox fan.

I knew he hated the Patriots, so I figured the Boston hate extended into other sports.

Patriots fans I had to deal with were all insufferable pricks. Red Sox fans were all my friends from college.

So it's being reported that the Phillies have signed AJ Burnett for one year, $16 million. This Philadelphia ball club is quickly becoming a retirement home.

I'm not sure a Yankees fan should talk about old teams ;)

I think it goes without saying that Jeter is a first ballot hall of famer, and, in this age of social media and 24 hour news cycles, one of the most private athletes to ever play the game. I don't like the Yankees, but Derek Jeter is my second favorite man to ever wear pinstripes.

(For the record, my favorite Yankee ever is Gary Sheffield, but he's my favorite player ever, period, so...)

I wonder what Jeter's victory lap will be like this year. I imagine teams will treat it like Rivera last year and give him gifts, etc. but I wonder how many fans will play along. Everybody genuinely loved Rivera, but non-Yankee fans loved to hate Jeter. I'd think he gets a good ovation in most parks but I can see there definitely being some places where people just boo him because they love to do it. With the Yankees ending the season in Boston if the AL East is on the line it'd be pretty weird to see them doing a big thing to honor Jeter. Maybe they'll do it the first time the Yanks come to Fenway to avoid that scenario.

He'll definitely get a big moment in the All Star Game too. He finished top 5 in the SS voting last year despite barely playing, so regardless of how he does in 2014 there is no way is he not getting voted in in his final season.