EWB Fantasy Baseball 2014

thatshortguy

http://youtu.be/q5eLpbEl6Lo

Hello again, ladies and gents. It's time...for Major EWB Baseball.

Yahoo will once again serve as our league de rigueur, as it's fantasy baseball system treated us quite well last year.

We will not be running a keeper league, as we will start from scratch with a Fantasy Draft. The date for the draft will be just a few days after we settle on teams. We'll need at least four, but can go with up to 20 teams. Last year's owners have been e-mailed with an invitation to return.

General rules are as follows:

1. Minimum of 15 innings pitched per week.

2. 3 day waiver rule.

3. 3 days to vote on trades.

4. League will start on March 22nd.

5. Playoffs will the top six teams.

6. Roster minimums are as such:

1 of each position player (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF)

1 Utility spot (can be any position player...think of it as your DH)

2 Starting Pitchers

2 Relievers

3 Utility Pitcher spots (any pitchers. Some people fill these with relievers in order to rack up saves. Others will use starters to help keep their Team ERA low or wins/strikeouts/etc. up. Your call.)

2 DL spots for injured players

4 Bench spots (most will use these for position players, but any player can be benched)

This makes for 20 roster spots with two DL spots.

7. Scoring categories will remain the same. We will remain with the Head-to-Head (Each Category) scoring style.

8. The Draft will begin on Feb. 22nd, giving us a month to finish up before the season starts. The order will be selected at random, then continue in a serpentine order. For the first five rounds, there will be a 24 hour time limit. From the sixth round on, 12 hours. You can also PM me a list of picks if you won't be available in time.

You can also trade draft picks for other players, if you wish. Both owners will have to confirm the deal to me via PM. Once a team reaches their roster limit (20 total), they can choose to forego their remaining picks or work out a trade.

League page can be accessed by clicking here (as long as you are in the league) or by this address:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ewb14

This post will be updated occasionally for different videos, rules clarifications, draft tips, and other things. Feel free to chime in with trash talk and all manner of tomfoolery.

THE LIST~!:

1. Srartown Sweeties

Managed by: Srar

Last Year's Record: 98-141-13

Team Highlights: Carlos Gomez's 40 steals, Brandon Phillips' 103 RBI and being the one to jump on the Puig Bandwagon. Drink up!

2. EM Tornadoes

Managed by: Berober

Last Year's Record: 109-127-16

Team HIghlights: 50 saves from the monster known as Craig Kimbrel, a lineup with sporadic power and only having two legit relievers.

3. To Kill A Marlonbyrd

Managed by: Busch

Last Year's Record: 125-117-10

Team Highlights: Mark Trumbo's positively Dan Uggla-esque numbers, Andrew McCutchen being Andrew McCutchen, and probably having the oldest team in the league.

4. Jeter-Kinney

Managed by: Yours truly.

Last Year's Record: 122-111-19, aka NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Team Highlights: Actually having Marlon Byrd but not having Kris Medlen, making four times as many roster moves as anyone else and having way too much time to devote to this.

5. Potton Wolverines

Managed by: 9 to 5

Last Year's Record: 125-113-14

Team Highlights: Being the team to eliminate me from championship contention, having Miggy Cabrera and a Save Factory in the bullpen (Janssen, Nathan, Parnell, and the much more clutch Romo).

6. LNK's Hakuna Machado

Managed by: LNK

Last Year's Record: 152-87-13

Team Highlights: Paul Goldschmidt hitting everything out of the park. Balls, strikes, small children...also, having more saves than anyone and winning the whole enchilada.

7. The Based Gods

Managed by: Lowerdeck

Last Year's Record: 126-111-15

Team Highlights: Two 30+ homer guys in Soriano & Jay Bruce. Kenley Jansen's insane K:BB ratio. Being the sucker stuck with Granderson post-injury :shifty:

8. The Vita-Men

Managed by: HeadCheese

9. Al Kaline Trio

Managed by: Maxx

10. Cloudy's Curmudgeons

Managed by: Cloudy

11. South Florida SWATS

Managed by: damshow

Last Year's Record: 126-112-14

Team Highlights: Beating Niner by one game to finish second last year, having over half of his lineup bat over .300 and getting 50 saves from Jim Johnson.

12. PepsiTwist

But because it isn't a keeper league, there's no reason to be rewarding people who played last year an performed poorly. The people who did well are getting brand new teams as well, everything is even.

Instead, you've got it set up in a way that is really unwelcoming to new players. Going in, I know I won't have any chance at getting a top 5 player, simply because I wasn't in the league last year. If this was a keeper league, I'd understand it. Instead you're just preventing people who sign up from the first the opportunity to select from the same pool of players.

I've had people who've been in the football league every year for the past decade, and they all get the same shot as new players at getting the number one pick.

I think we both have points here. I want to reward people who return from the previous season, while you're looking at it from the perspective of someone wanting a chance at the #1 pick.

There are a few ways we could work with this. We could randomize the draft order, allow draft pick trading, etc. etc. What cha think, peeps? How do you guys prefer doing the 2014 Draft?